• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

what do you do when your mind is circling?

Dragon's Tooth

I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to break that circling you do in your mind where you think of past times you didn't get things right or just the circling of "I'm stupid, I'm fat, I'm worthless ... etc"

If anyone has any help for stopping this it would be much appreciated.

I read or listen to books on tape for temporary relief. Then talk it out with a kind listner for more permanent perspective, accecptance and healing. If I feel isolated. I sometimes write it out. The important part for me is to clearly identify what part is really about me and if or how I want to change it. Then I can have hope of moving towards peace with the issue.

I try to shut it down as soon as it starts. Pretending to slam the door on it or put up a wall. Sometimes I go to one of my favorite places I've created in my head. I will also try to play a favorite song either in my head or from my MP3. If none of this works, I take a nap!
Try not to let it get too far along, it is harder to shut it down then.
Hope this helps :smile:

I write everything down until all my emotions come pouring out, try to end it on a positive note of what you know to be good about yourself

New Threads

Top Bottom