• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What can you do with an iPhone?

The Penguin

Chilly Willy The Penguin
A few months ago I got an iPhone for app development. Though I prefer Android, I understand iPhone have a fair market share so I decided I will support that too. Besides for app development, I can't find a good use of the phone. As many say iPhone is more user friendly, to me, I find Android is more user friendly. That and you have greater control how you can configure your own device.

I keep thinking what else I can use this device for? Yes, I understand their millions of apps for this device, however, I can't find anything appealing to me. Some of it may relate to I never tired the phone much and I don't like the iOS interface. I know most of you are not mind readers. Maybe I'm wasting my time writing this post. I don't know. I just wanted to express myself the thought that been staying in my head since I bought this phone.

Looks like your instincts were spot-on to buy the Iphone and ask such questions given how many Iphones have been sold recently in the last quarter. Come on Apple fans...help William out. ;)

Apple's U.S. iPhone Sales Surpass Android For First Time In Years - Forbes

I did read that article and not sure if I would agree with it at all. The hardest things for me to do is not go on about a billion reason why I hate Apple. Me doing this would't be constructive. It might just be that all I use an iPhone for is to develop apps. The only exception I was thinking of using it to record audio for my class. Problem is, Apple wants you to use iTunes to get the audio off which I don't agree with. So maybe I use my Tascam that a dedicated device that records better audio than Android, iOS and any Smartphone technology that exist.

Positive side, after a billion years, it about time Apple makes decent size screen. I almost got the iPhone 6 Plus but I didn't want to pay more. I wanted to get the cheapest iPhone money can buy which is an iPhone 6 for $30. Because penguin does not agree with Apple pricing, he haves his ways to get his discounts :)

It might just be that all I use an iPhone for is to develop apps.

Yes- use it for development purposes. No point in using it as a regular phone if you prefer Android.

Kind of like when I was a web developer and had to be cognizant of all the major browsers and their usage and marketing trends, whether I liked them or not. While I was no fan of certain browsers, I still needed to know exactly how they rendered things, so I could create cross-compliant pages that looked relatively the same no matter what browser was used. Not always a simple matter depending on the element involved.

Yes- use it for development purposes. No point in using it as a regular phone if you prefer Android.

Kind of like when I was a web developer and had to be cognizant of all the major browsers and their usage and marketing trends, whether I liked them or not. While I was no fan of certain browsers, I still needed to know exactly how they rendered things, so I could create cross-compliant pages that looked relatively the same no matter what browser was used. Not always a simple matter depending on the element involved.
I did found a neat product called Multi Browser Viewer. It comes with multi web browsers and each one runs in it own sandbox environment. Thought it not free, I consider responsible priced. I like it better compare to other products you must use a VM on the vendor servers which is very slow.

New Threads

Top Bottom