• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What are you doing for NYE?

danielcollins

Is any one going out or celebrating this evening?

I love NYE, it's usually my favourite night out of the year - unfortunately this year I'm stuck in with a bottle of wine (distance issues!)

Or if you're not out, what are you normal plans?

Computer games and Netflix since I'm kind of stuck at home due to bad weather here (but that's probably what I would be doing anyway).

I don't actually have any solidified plans yet. Either I stay at home and watch movies and possibly play video games, or I meet up with some friends to watch the live Phish stream.

I was considering going out, but I don't feel that well and I have somewhere to be tomorrow. I'm just working on my fish tank, reading, drinking loads of soup, and trying to stream some Dave Clark! I already did my usual ritual of mixing up all my old alcohol, tasting it, and throwing it down the sink. I'm fairly done for the day...

Anything but the Dick Clark Memorial Show. (Read the guest list to see why.) That's been some hockey and now the Orange Bowl. And anticipating the annual 1 AM Domestic Argument.

Maybe I'm being a bit honest, but i made this post when i had a few drinks.. Feeling a bit down about being on my own NYE!

Usually go out NYE but this year i couldn't make it to our regulars party.

Hope everyone had a good night!

What wound up happening was, a friend of mine drove all the way to my place to pick me up, I brought along my medication, and just a few of us wound up drinking and smoking pot and watching the live Phish NYE stream from Madison Square Garden (which turned out to be a major bust). I did get to talk to B's partner in-depth for the first time since I've known her. I really like her; she's a sensitive, intelligent and inquisitive person, everything I like in a friend. Hopefully B and she and I will get to hang out more often, now that they live much closer to me.

I came down with the flu the day after New Years, so the only thing I've been doing is cough and sleep. The only thing I have done so far was to meet with a postal inspector, no thanks to almost being caught up in a mystery shopper scam against WalMart, which involved fake USPS money orders. I turned over all that material to the inspectors this afternoon.

My NYE was a bit underwhelming. It wasn't horrible, but idk.. I kinda hoped it to be a bit more crazy, lol. NYE was the first day in a long while I was in bed at a reasonable time.

I went over to my friend and his wife. They had another friend over, so we just sat around, the 4 of us, having a movie on, on the background, while drinking, eating and having some random conversations. In true aspie fashion I kinda ended up having odd conversations where we pulled up wikipedia for reference with my aspie friend, while his wife and her friend just say on the other side of sofa watching the movie that was on without bothering us. Yeah, my friend and I... we're great company, lol.

Then at around 2 am, his wife and that friend decided to go to sleep and I ended up packing my stuff and heading home as well; my friend came along and we stalked the neighbourhood for a good hour until I decided to go home.

I was quite undecided what I wanted to do until december 30th even, but my friend already offered I could come over to his place anyway. I eventually decided to visit there since that ultimately was the cheapest of all options, since he had liquor and food around. His place also was the place easiest to get back home from, since both bars/clubs I got invites to were easily a 2 hour walk away (and NYE and public transport never really go hand in hand).

New Threads

Top Bottom