• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What are everyone's thoughts on high school???

Who agrees with Temple Grandin's theory on autistic people thinking like animals???

• I do

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • I don't

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • I've never heard of it

Votes: 13 72.2%

• Total voters
Re: the crow article @tree posted a link to -

I have a friend who lives nearby, he's lived in that place for many years now. When he first moved in the crows were hostile, he suspects that the former residents were not nice to them. A few years into his residence there he had some netting in his vegetable garden, and a young crow was tangled in it. My friend untangled the crow and set it on the branch of a tree they live in as high as he could reach. That was 10 years or so ago now, and crows still leave small shiny objects on their porch, they are not hostile in the least.

I'm only 17 and just started my junior year 5 days ago, and i've hated high school ever since i was a freshman. I have just a few decent friends but that's all i really like about it. Public school in general is no place for an aspie like me.

Hello everyone!
Thank you all for the great advice.
Apologies for the off topic Temple Grandin thing, I am just learning how to use this app.

On the 15th August 2018, I came to my high school reunion and made me change my mind about way things did go with school. In the end I just ended up doing a YouTube video blog about what my experiences were with school in contrast to my high school reunion.

High school made me feel grown up.

How so?

Grown up like you finally made it, like you had more freedom, or that you had to be an adult but you were surrounded by all these little kids?

High school made me feel like I had more freedom, but also more responsibilities. By the time I got to college I felt like a grown man surrounded by little kids who had no jobs, no responsibilities, and who still went home to their parents during summer break.

I hated junior school, but my highschool was incredibly nerdy so I fit in quite well. It was very regimented, with lots of detailed rules that I found helpful rather than annoying (although I still broke half of them). We were also treated as adults from day one due to their high expectations of us, so I mostly enjoyed the academic part despite going through some fairly awful events at the time.

New Threads

Top Bottom