• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Welcome to the new and improved Aspies Central!

Droopy

Founder & Former Admin
V.I.P Member
In case you missed the previous announcement, Aspies Central has changed a bit to become better. Here's a brief summary of what has changed:

Aspies Central has got a new theme. The login box no longer sticks in the middle of the screen and the "Remember Me" feature should hopefully now work.

Also, the new theme has three different colours to choose from. In addition, you can choose a fluid or fixed version of the theme depending on your preference. Fluid means that the theme will stretch to fill the entire screen, which may be useful if you have a wide-screen monitor.

You can change the theme in your settings or by using the drop-down menu at the very bottom right of any page.

Forum layout changes and new forums.

New forums include:

PDD-NOS, Social Anxiety and Others

Friendships and Social Skills

Love, Relationships and Dating

Changes to existing forums include:

Aspies General Discussion has now been renamed to include Autism and HFA.

Friends & Relatives is now a forum of it's own (no longer a sub-forum).

Music & Movies has been renamed Entertainment Discussion.

Update: Aspies Support has now been renamed to Spectrum Support to include those with Classic Autism, HFA and PDD-NOS. Obviously everyone is welcome at Aspies Central so I changed that forum name to reflect that.

I would encourage all members to please start posting in these new forums as soon as possible. Thank-you.

Other changes inbound:

A V.I.P / Premium Subscriber group is being considered. More details will be announced when finalized.

Questions? Feedback? Post in this thread.

Yeah, I'm also glad that we can view profiles again. I missed that feature because I'd sometimes leave comments on people's profiles. :D

A suggestion: Would it be possible to make the "Fluid" layout default? I think most people would prefer pages to be full-width by default. A lot of people don't bother changing their defaults and probably wouldn't realize that there's a way to make pages full-width. I suggest this because I once changed the layout on a forum I'm staff on which caused the pages on the forum to be slightly narrower. A ton of people complained about it, asking me to make pages full-width again. So I assume that most people here would prefer pages to be full-width by default.

Anyway, I personally don't care much, but thought I'd suggest it for the benefit of other people. :D

A suggestion: Would it be possible to make the "Fluid" layout default? I think most people would prefer pages to be full-width by default. A lot of people don't bother changing their defaults and probably wouldn't realize that there's a way to make pages full-width. I suggest this because I once changed the layout on a forum I'm staff on which caused the pages on the forum to be slightly narrower. A ton of people complained about it, asking me to make pages full-width again. So I assume that most people here would prefer pages to be full-width by default.

Anyway, I personally don't care much, but thought I'd suggest it for the benefit of other people. :D

I personally prefer the fixed-width version even though I am using a wide-screen monitor. Just my preference. You could make a poll and see what most people would prefer then we will make that the default. The default colour will always be blue though as we have already established that as the official colours of AC. The red and purple colours are just a bonus.

Anyway, run a poll for a few days and see what feedback we get on fixed and fluid widths for the default.

I've been rather busy lately...I knew there was going to be a face-lift and did not really know what to expect. I must say AWESOME!!!!! I love the new look.

I've been rather busy lately...I knew there was going to be a face-lift and did not really know what to expect. I must say AWESOME!!!!! I love the new look.
I'm glad you definitely like the new make overs here, we were definitely bound to have a facelift at some point.

I like the new look! I had logged on expecting the same layout,and was taken a bit by suprise at the new bold look,however I do like this look much better than the previous one. Concerning page layout,I prefer the 'fluid' full page layout. Nice job with the site guys! :D

New Threads

Top Bottom