• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Weirdness in Time Zone setting options

WolfSpirit

Not a dictionary. Or a search engine
So, I noticed something odd in the profile settings. I don't know if this is something that is fixable, or one of those weird computer glitches that is bigger than the site, and not fixable, but under "Time Zones", there are a number of ones that give the location as "US & Canada", but the one for Saskatchewan (it's own time zone, because of the refusal to switch back and forth between Daylight Savings Time and not) is listed as located in "Central America". instead of "US & Canada". As far as I'm aware, geographical references to "Central America" usually mean the part of the American continent below the U.S. starting with Mexico.

Is this another example of non-Canadians having no idea where Saskatchewan is, or is it some weird computer glitch?

I think it actually starts below Mexico, but I'm not absolutely sure. And good for you Saskatchewan, Horgan's been talking about BC stopping the daylight savings time nonsense but we still changed in the fall.

Saskatchewan might still be in the same time zone with somewhere in Central America that does not do the daylight savings thing, time zones must change going East to West but not North to South, someone in South America on the same line of longitude as you and equally far from the equator would see the sun go up and down at the same time as you on the spring or fall equinoxes.

I think it actually starts below Mexico, but I'm not absolutely sure. And good for you Saskatchewan, Horgan's been talking about BC stopping the daylight savings time nonsense but we still changed in the fall.

Saskatchewan might still be in the same time zone with somewhere in Central America that does not do the daylight savings thing, time zones must change going East to West but not North to South, someone in South America on the same line of longitude as you and equally far from the equator would see the sun go up and down at the same time as you on the spring or fall equinoxes.

Possible, I suppose, but any time I've ever looked at the time zones, or had to set a time zone, the ones that provide it, always put Saskatchewan in a time zone all by itself. I've never seen it as part of another time zone, unless it's not specified at all. (in which case, Sask's time zone switches depending on the time of year. :rolleyes:.) So if you're right, it's a completely new on one me! (since the creation of Daylight Savings time! In Canada, at least.)

I wish they would leave the whole year on daylight savings time in the US.
Some states, including where I live, keep voting on doing so, but, everyone worries about it
still being dark in the mornings when kids have to go to school.

Yes, Central America begins south of the Mexican border. And we have one state that has always
refused to go with the rest of the contiguous states of America when daylight savings changes,
Arizona, the state I was born in.

Changing twice a year is inconvenient IMO. And I like longer days of light with later sunrises myself.

New Threads

Top Bottom