• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

*Little* Things That Annoy You (Pet Peeves)

I research information on different subjects on the internet a lot. The search engines are all the same, they list a bunch of sites that want to sell you something or do not have anything to do with what you are looking for. I have to sift through all of that stuff to find what I want. I know that advertising pays the bills, but it is still very annoying.
try duckduckgo.com lists what I type n not what someone paid them to show

People taking photos of people who are sleeping - especially if the photographer then uploads it to the internet without permission.

Wealthy people, 'stars', people who are given status, etc. who merely due to their wealth, etc. believe that they are better than others and should be treated as such, and in turn treat others a though they have little value and are idiots, and worst of all, often believe they have something profound to say about life that everyone should listen to.

I also bug myself when I find that I expect others to understand me and my ways when I do or say something in my own inimitable way which they do not understand or relate to. And then I become irritable. Yet, I don't take the time or trouble to do the same for them, or show them grace because they do not have any idea as to why I am different. It really bugs me when I hurt people this way.

Lots of things annoy me lol. Some I verbalize, others I don't. First off I hate messy people, who don't clean up after themselves or who live in clutter. Can't stand that. I'm a complete neat freak and it's just a deal breaker if someone has a messy house or bathroom. That majorly annoys me, people who don't clean up. Another thing I can't stand are loud, messy eaters. I love food as much as anyone, but for god's sake, don't talk with your mouth full, and have some manners. Another thing is when people post pictures of an elderly family member who clearly is senile or something, and the person posts it all over facebook showing them in less than flattering ways. I hate that, burns me up! The old person probably wouldn't want themselves seen like that, and it's really exploitative. I HATE when people do that to someone else.

Lastly the thing I really hate are overly politically correct fake people. I am a smoker, (yea no lectures please) it's my only real vice. I try and do it mainly on my own so as not to bother anyone, but I really get tired of these know-it all police people who go around acting like they're better than everyone else. Nobody knows how to laugh any more, people need to chill! Have more sex, laugh, enjoy life, something! Anyway, that's my little rant. Lol.

The current trend in the British government to sanction the crap out of everyone on benefits, yet the likes of David Cameron and George "Gideon" Osborne are fiddling the crap out of their taxes in Off-Shore accounts, I read this on Facebook last week and was like what the hell?!

Television ads and shows, the attitudes and noise. It all annoyed and enraged me so much that I got rid of it entirely.

Plus same as what Dee317 said. Well said.

Little bits of stuff sticking out from edges, clutter on surfaces (Items need to be neatly lined up). Any drawer having been left open a little or a lot.
Visual and auditory messes. Cities are extremely difficult for me.
Icky weird smells (such as my son's room :eek:).
Also, too much talking, dogs that bark at everything, labels slicing into my skin, patchouli and other strong perfumes & colognes.

Belts made of vinyl.
'Genuine leather' belts made of vinyl.
Even real leather belts with vinyl glued to them.
Gotta ask 'why????' All I want is a belt that lasts longer than a season. What happened to plain leather belts!
I want one.

Belts made of vinyl.
'Genuine leather' belts made of vinyl.
Even real leather belts with vinyl glued to them.
Gotta ask 'why????' All I want is a belt that lasts longer than a season. What happened to plain leather belts!
I want one.
I feel for ya big guy ;)
I can't buy decent rawhide work boot laces anymore. They are weak now and usually snap in two weeks. The crap that comes in the boots is useless when you are welding or burning and only leather will hold up to the heat of spatter,but they managed to screw those up too :rolleyes:

Television ads and shows, the attitudes and noise. It all annoyed and enraged me so much that I got rid of it entirely.
I gave up on broadcast TV years ago. The only item I ever bought from a TV commercial going back twenty years or more was a Magnavox TV with smart sound that turned down the volume of blasting commercials. I hate that you have to watch at their whim and you better use the restroom and grab your snacks and drinks,because they wait for no one.

The TV stuff still isn't lost on me,I just get to watch a one hour show in an average of 42 minutes online without garbage being crammed down my throat :p

I gave up on broadcast TV years ago. The only item I ever bought from a TV commercial going back twenty years or more was a Magnavox TV with smart sound that turned down the volume of blasting commercials. I hate that you have to watch at their whim and you better use the restroom and grab your snacks and drinks,because they wait for no one.

The TV stuff still isn't lost on me,I just get to watch a one hour show in an average of 42 minutes online without garbage being crammed down my throat :p

I hate commercials so much that I just do not watch them. Everything that my wife and I watch is prerecorded on TiVo. Then I can fast-forward though all of the commercials and we can watch at our convenience. It is bad enough that I have to pay $200 a month for internet & TV, but they expect me to watch all of those commercials too. I don't think so. This is one of the reasons that I like PBS so much.

Packaging on food, especially plastic, makes everything so difficult to open, like the convenience of it but do not like it's effect on the environment. Would like to bring my own containers to a store have them weighed and filled with whatever I'm buying. Without the need for plastic or any other packaging.

Annoying sticky tags stuck on ceramic, metal, fruit, vegetables, not only does it pull the skin off fruit, there's glue stuck on everything in that area. It's so difficult to remove the glue stuck on the surface of things, afterwards everything adheres to it.

Last edited:
When I'm in an otherwise quiet room and an object on a surface 'rattles'. It's usually because the object doesn't sit perfectly flat and the small vibrations of traffic/trains are enough to cause it to rattle.

So, I have to use wooden chopsticks or plasticware because most silverware when touched to my tongue creates this horrible metallic-like almost tingling sensation that resonates through my teeth and gums and I literally just can't.

It's the worst.

Even thinking about it hurts my mouth.

TV in general annoys me but in particular the X-factor which is so overblown and full of it's own importance it's unbelievable. To me this is nothing more than high budget karaoke competition which teaches kids to expect easy success, cry at set backs and to believe they are all music critics.

Would Lennon, Dylan or Bowie have got through to the live show? I doubt it.

Worst of all is the beginning when a booming voice announces the judges and they walk out and stand there side by side with flashing lights, loud music and screaming crowds. You'd think they were warriors returning after saving the earth. I swear all they need is a wookie and it would look like the end of Star Wars.

Male Star Wars fans who are still butt-hurt at the fact that Star Wars: The Force Awakens and Rogue One: A Star Wars Story both have female leads.
Seriously, look at some of these ignorant tweets. Reader discretion is advised:

---

@PootND @starwars another woman lead..Come on Star Wars be original
— Irish Fanatic (@Irish_fanatic1) April 7, 2016

kay but seeing another white woman as a main in star wars was just kind of , Okay , like it looked really Good but also of Course
— mark(band) (@nonbinaryremus) April 7, 2016

I guess every Star Wars will have a female lead now, even Han Solo will be a woman in his movie
— Dylan Tywan (@Dylbo_Baggins13) April 7, 2016

Ohhhh another white anorexic British girl leads a Star Wars picture. Exciting stuff.
— Danny G. Dickblood (@DANNY_DICKBLOOD) April 7, 2016

@SuperheroFeed lol "face of Star Wars" you wish. She's the lead for one movie. Then she's done.
— JN-2187 (@johnbabyar) April 7, 2016

@CNN So all Star Wars movies now have a female lead? Disney trying 2 pad bottom line? Because sure, most rebellions have females in charge.
— None of yourBusiness (@OurWorldIsNuts) April 7, 2016

rogue-one-comment.jpg

star-wars-comment-3.jpg

rogue-one-comment-2.jpg

rogue-one-comment-4.jpg

One of the most ignorant of these comments was from came from New York Post columnist John Podoretz.
This is his tweet:

rogue-one-comment-5.jpg

While he later removed the tweet and offered a weak explanation saying it was meant to be a joke, I agree that for female fans of this record-breaking franchise, his comment and the others - which are basically saying that this brand is been degraded by having strong female leads - are not funny in any way (and I say this as a male fan of the series).

Here's some links for you to check out. The first two I got my sources from as well as other interesting information to read, while the others include image comments from female fans of Star Wars as well as "What not" to say to female Star Wars Fans.

1. Source Link 1: http://screencrush.com/rogue-one-female-lead-angry-fans/
2. Source Link 2:
https://www.romper.com/p/rogue-ones...r-wars-fans-but-they-need-to-get-over-it-8481
3. 15 Very Honest Confessions From Female Star Wars Fans:
https://www.buzzfeed.com/crystalro/...h-these-ladies?utm_term=.dn4AErb27#.ejMvAZLkD
4. 12 Things You Should Never Say To a Female 'Star Wars' Fan:
http://www.bustle.com/articles/36038-12-things-you-should-never-say-to-a-female-star-wars-fan

How odd. I never gave it any thought. :confused:

It appears that there are some blokes who feel that their masculinity is threatened when women become strong leads in films that are considered by them to be 'male only' franchises.
Another example of men having an online tantrum in this way was with the release of Mad Max: Fury Road. Apparently there were many male fans of the films who weren't happy with Furiosa (Charlize Theron's character) in the film.

The following isn't written by me:

"Warner Bros publicists must be spinning their wheels. Not only is Mad Max: Fury Road currently picking up rip-roaring reviews across the board, but Twitter is full of talk of a full-blown gender war between feminist geek culture bloggers The Mary Sue and so-called “men’s rights” commentators over the movie. It stems from an unintentionally hilarious piece by Aaron Clarey of the site Return of the Kings (a blog for “heterosexual, masculine men … who believe that men should be masculine and women should be feminine”), who has called on right-minded male cineastes to boycott George Miller’s return to the dusty Australian badlands because the saga has clearly been co-opted by women.

Clarey is particularly upset about Charlize Theron’s character Imperator Furiosa, who “sure talked a lot during the trailers” and even “barked orders to Tom Hardy’s Mad Max”, when of course “nobody barks orders to Mad Max”. He adds: “Let us be clear. This is the vehicle by which they are guaranteed to force a lecture on feminism down your throat. This is the Trojan Horse feminists and Hollywood leftists will use to (vainly) insist on the trope women are equal to men in all things, including physique, strength, and logic. And this is the subterfuge they will use to blur the lines between masculinity and femininity, further ruining women for men, and men for women.”

Meanwhile, Theron has fought back by calling on film-makers to “stop misrepresenting women” in post-apocalyptic movies, and describing Miller’s return to Mad Max as “an incredibly feminist action film”.
"

Source: http://www.theguardian.com/film/fil...ds-strong-women-wont-surprise-true-genre-fans

Stuff like this really gets on my nerves.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom