• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Warning System Information

Brent

Administrator
Our new software makes use of a warning system for anyone that violates our Rules & Guidelines. The system works the following way:

Our moderators have the ability to issue you warnings. Upon their discretion the warning can come with 0 points to 10 points.

10 points = Permanent Ban from our forums.
5 points = Temporary ban based on points expiration

Points expire after 1 month unless you reach 10 points, in which case you will be banned from the forums permanently.

If you achieve 5 points before the points expire, you will be banned until your account falls below 5 points again. This depends on when your points expire.

For an example, you get 4 points. 1 point on March 1, 2014, 1 point on March 2, 2014 and 2 points on March 3, 2014. You now have 4 points as of March 3, 2014. On March 21, 2014 you gain 1 more warning point which puts you at 5 points total.

Since you have 5 points now, you will be banned until April 1, 2014 since your first warning point will expire on that date and bring you back underneath 5 points.

If you don't understand this then please ask and I will try to help you gain a better understanding.

Better yet though, don't get warning points and you won't have to worry about it! ;)

We have this system to make it easy for our moderators to take care of inappropriate content so that they can enjoy the forums.

Hopefully we will rarely have to use this and we can all enjoy the forum! :)

can can you explain the points at the bottom of our user image . At present you have messages, likes, points. is that different again, or would the warning points be a different colour

What about moderators that might be prejudiced or become burnt out? Every website has a moderator that is prejudiced and every human [including posters] are prejudiced to a point...is there an appeal process? I say this with the full knowledge that moderators here are FAIR, patient and have been more than fair to me.

How do you stop an overzealous moderator from automatically giving someone they don't like 5 or ten points when 1 or 2 points will do? This post does not mean to take away from the excellent moderaters AC has had and still have.

I suggest anything that is simple. Just a suggestion.
Experience- ten years Head Moderator experience [I know, crazy me!]

If you feel like this is happening or has happened simply send me a message with any kind of information you have and I will look into it.

New Threads

Top Bottom