• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Wargaming

UberScout

Please Don't Be Mad At Me 02/09/1996
V.I.P Member
Ever since I got into tabletop stuff I discovered wargaming, and I always thought it was cool to be able to use DnD dice with little plastic army men. So then I discovered there are these "generic" rulesets that use them, and I also have such dice and a battlemat with both squares and hexes.

I tried to think of my own battle system that took the wargaming elements and added some roleplaying to it too, but it didn't work because you would have to have two different types of settings, one for fighting and one specifically for roleplaying...

Then after my fandom of an NES game called Nobunaga's Ambition, I searched for a tabletop game that sees one of four people or so attempting to unify japan. I did find Sekigahara on the internet and it's *kinda* like that, with a few differences but I wanted something faithful so I just created my own version of it.

I have an appointment in a couple minutes so after that I'll come back and put some pictures up.

But is anyone here a wargamer? It's more fun than it sounds!

I used to be a wargamer, but it was a very long time ago. I guess my game that I really enjoy is Shogi; Japanese Chess.

New Threads

Top Bottom