• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Violent 10yo

On the contrary: Medi-Cal has been extremely helpful at covering costs that the insurer would not, especially since Vyvanse is something like $240 per month - between the insurer and Medi-Cal they cover it 100%. The doctor has also been good with half hour time slots and giving seemingly knowledgeable answers to our questions, though I'm not sure if that is a county supplied doctor, or a regular doctor accepting Medi-Cal. It's so confusing how all this health insurance stuff works (or not).

As to insurers covering autism treatment, well that all depends on how you define "treatment". Our insurer has questioned everything which has drawn out the process by months and months. Slowly they are cracking but that is it: very slowly and with much time consumed with 3 or even 4 party phone calls. It's ridiculous.

It was them who sent us to a pricey psychologist who questioned DS for 2 hours and gave an assessment of "just a naughty boy" - I'm still fighting the bill on that one as I'm refusing to pay for such a ridiculous assessment, both in terms of conduct and result. They were also breaking the law by refusing to give a formal diagnosis unless we went back for another session ($$$) - HIPAA violation.

Yeah, Medi-Cal can be ok when it comes to covering drug costs. You said something about going to a Regional Center, by law they are required to take Medi-Cal since they are run by the state.

I simply said that I thought there was a law requiring coverage of autism treatments. I do not know what carrier you have, but private insurers tend to follow the letter but not the intent of the law. They have teams of lawyers constantly looking for loopholes they can use to deny coverage.

I just being helpfull maby you need to change what he eats thare is a book called tracking down hidden food allergy i wish you and your son a verry verry happy day

hi its me again thare is a company called vibranz and on of the thigs they sell is callerd love spray you put some of it on your forehead and in about a minute you feel 100%better i hope i helped you i wish you and you son a verry happy day filled with sunshine and rainbows

New Threads

Top Bottom