• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Vintage Coca Cola Machine.

Heber Richins

this is the closest subject to what I'm sharing here. one of my hobbies/Interests is Old Machinery. I collect them, I display them, and sometimes I'll bring them back to life. My newest item that I just got last night is a 1949 Vendo 39 Coca Cola Machine. it doesn't run yet, it needs some love and some lubrication work done to it, but for a 73-year-old machine it's in great condition. bought it for $500 bucks and spent $1,050 for shipping but well worth it, it came from Lufkin, Texas which is clear over on the other side of Texas. i plan on keeping it for a long time, and I'm excited to get it working again someday.

I collect other items like Old Gas Pumps, Lanterns, Oil Cans, Books, vinyl records and Record Players, cameras, railroad memorabilia, typewriters and remakes of old signs.
this is a fun hobby to do, and you learn about the past as you go along. and if you decide to sell them, they can be worth a lot of money depending on the condition the item is in and what the item is. But anyway, I wanted to share this with everyone here and i hope everyone enjoys reading and seeing what I do for hobbies.

might be a good idea to add antiques/vintage subjects to the hobbies/interests to the off topic.
some like trains, planes, cars or even ships.

coca cola machine.jpg

coca cola machine interior.jpg

Very nice Coke machine. It should be in good enough shape to use, once you finish up the repairs.
I enjoy collecting a lot of those kinds of old-fashioned things as well, but I prefer 1945 and earlier, particularly about 1880-1930. The Coke machine you have is much more collectible than most of my "finds."

I've long suspected that many collectors of petroliana, Coke memorabilia, and antique phonographs are frequently autistic. After going to a few antique phonograph swap-meets, I don't think I'm changing the opinion.

This was the living-room of my old apartment. The Edison Diamond Disc phonograph is a 1912 Model A-200 "Queen Anne." It and the 1892 Loring & Blake "Palace" pump organ were both in working order as was the 1921 Sessions mantel clock (visible on top of the organ. I never had the "hutch" for it so the organ just got covered in a deep stratum of sheet-music, keys, pocket junk, and whatever else.) Both instruments were still in regular use until I moved out. They're currently in deep storage until I get hold of a house of my own.

living room stuff.jpg

16mm found footage c. 1928-1931, playing on a Belmont projector. Unfortunately the projector no longer exists but the films survived the move. There were two reels comprising about 800' of footage. I like keeping an eye out for interesting old film, though I don't really collect the stuff.

home movies.jpg

Last edited:
Used to own an old telephone switchboard similar to the pic. When my family bought an old hotel back in '93 from an old couple, weirdly it was still being used as the main phone system for the hotel until we switched it to a more modern system.

The whole place was like a time warp, still contained a vintage diner, books and toys from what looked like the 60s- 70s, antique furniture etc..the couple took none of it with them. As a kid I loved it, hours of pretend play and how I made alot of my first friendships after the move. After modernizing though the only thing that remained was the switchboard.
Thanks for the stroll down memory lane...
SmartSelect_20220712-224905_Chrome.jpg

this is the closest subject to what I'm sharing here. one of my hobbies/Interests is Old Machinery. I collect them, I display them, and sometimes I'll bring them back to life. My newest item that I just got last night is a 1949 Vendo 39 Coca Cola Machine. it doesn't run yet, it needs some love and some lubrication work done to it, but for a 73-year-old machine it's in great condition. bought it for $500 bucks and spent $1,050 for shipping but well worth it, it came from Lufkin, Texas which is clear over on the other side of Texas. i plan on keeping it for a long time, and I'm excited to get it working again someday.

I collect other items like Old Gas Pumps, Lanterns, Oil Cans, Books, vinyl records and Record Players, cameras, railroad memorabilia, typewriters and remakes of old signs.
this is a fun hobby to do, and you learn about the past as you go along. and if you decide to sell them, they can be worth a lot of money depending on the condition the item is in and what the item is. But anyway, I wanted to share this with everyone here and i hope everyone enjoys reading and seeing what I do for hobbies.

might be a good idea to add antiques/vintage subjects to the hobbies/interests to the off topic.

Great ffind. I find the older stuff has much more personality than the newer. I, for one, would love to restore one of those big old single cylinder engines with a suction intake valve.
Still getting used to the new system. My actual reply is somehow embedded in the quote.

Last edited:
Used to own an old telephone switchboard similar to the pic. When my family bought an old hotel back in '93 from an old couple, weirdly it was still being used as the main phone system for the hotel until we switched it to a more modern system.

The whole place was like a time warp, still contained a vintage diner, books and toys from what looked like the 60s- 70s, antique furniture etc..the couple took none of it with them. As a kid I loved it, hours of pretend play and how I made alot of my first friendships after the move. After modernizing though the only thing that remained was the switchboard.
Thanks for the stroll down memory lane...View attachment 81666

That's fantastic that the old switchboard was still in use into the 1990s. I don't know how people want to "modernize" places like that, but that's just me.

@Heber Richins, these things sound like they would be very beautiful and aesthetically pleasing. Are they displayed somewhere would you say, or are they more packed away for safekeeping? It sounds like your collection would be fascinating to look at.

@Heber Richins, these things sound like they would be very beautiful and aesthetically pleasing. Are they displayed somewhere would you say, or are they more packed away for safekeeping? It sounds like your collection would be fascinating to look at.
they are on display in my shipping container apartment, its slowly growing, I'm working towards opening up a museum and ill have not only my stuff there but people from through the southwest will be able donate historical items that they have or came from their families.

they are on display in my shipping container apartment, its slowly growing, I'm working towards opening up a museum and ill have not only my stuff there but people from through the southwest will be able donate historical items that they have or came from their families.

Why, you can't just say "shipping container apartment" and leave us hanging--that sounds very interesting!

View attachment 81658

View attachment 81659
It looks like it has an Ace lock (tubular lock). If it does, I did not know they came out that early or if it does maybe it was installed later. That is interesting to me.

New Threads

Top Bottom