• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

video gaming

I was obsessed with video games for years and years. I used to go on IGN and other video game sites to look at the different reviews, over and over again, and I'd buy one every time I got my disability cheque deposited into my bank account one Wednesday a month. An autism support site/forum came along in 2004 and I became more interested in that and I grew out of video gaming.

Video games used to be my life, and I still love them! I still love the classic Mario and Pokemon games. My favorite games are God of War and Halo, though I've recently gotten into the PC game Minecraft. :)

Of all my interests, my obsession with video games has been the longest running and most severe. I had an Atari 2600 when I was very young, and have worked my way through every other console generation since then. These days I do most of my gaming on my laptop: I'm on a roguelike bender right now. For those of you not familiar with it, the roguelike genre takes its name from the early Unix game Rogue, released around 1980. My current favorite is Brogue, a more user-friendly and polished homage to the original, though I may start playing Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup soon, as I've heard great things about it. As an added bonus, most games in the genre are freeware.

I've been playing video games for nearly fifteen years. Nothing like the old school...

TIMMY'S TOP TEN VIDEO GAMES OF ALL TIME

1. Goldeneye 007
2. Mario Kart 64
3. Star Wars Battlefront II
4. Conker's Bad Fur Day
5. Batman: Arkham City
6. Guitar Hero III: Legends of ROCK
7. BRUTAL LEGEND
8. Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga
9. Spider Man:Web Of Shadows
10. Heavy Rain

I've been a gamer since at least 6th grade. I usually play adventure, fantasy, fighting games, or any combination of the three.

I love video games! I usually play whatever video game I feel like at that moment, so what I play changes on a day to day basis. I play a lot of RPGs, but I also play other types as well. These are some of my favorites:
1. Pokemon LeafGreen
2. Super Smash Bros Melee
3. Lunar Legend
4. Chrono Trigger
5. Paper Mario (n64 and Thousand Year Door)
6. Final Fantasy 1-6
7. Dragon Quest 5, 8, 9
8. Golden Sun (series)
9. Ape Escape 3
10. Spongebob Squarepants: Battle for Bikini Bottom (gamecube)
11. Legend of Zelda: WindWaker
12. Animal Crossing for gamecube (I can't play this anymore, it gets way too addicting)
13. Fire Emblem Sacred Stones
14. Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars

There's a bunch more that I can't remember at the moment, but I think I will stop here.

I only play gamecube…(I know it's a little old-school, but it's my personal one and I can use it whenever I want and I don't have to fight for its use) lately I've been getting more games for it that I've been going crazy over: metroid prime 1&2, eternal darkness: sanity's requiem, f-zero gx… I've also bought this game called Geist, but when I got to the first boss I kinda gave up… might retry someday…
Oh I also got metroid prime hunters for DS which I recently beat…

I got introduced to gaming by a floppy disk and I was told to tell my parents to *burn* it.
Who told me this? My friend's mother, my friend lent me it. Well, my father broke in laughter but I enjoyed the short duration of 2d sidescrolling mazelike gameplay afforded me. Keys were required to unlock doors throughout and there were ladders to climb and a very metalic atmosphere. Few days pass and my friend tells me to return it.
Whatever... I was sad cus I could no longer satisfy my fascination with the game. Thus, I began drawing resembling levels on a piece of paper to create a turnbased two-player version of it to play with my mother.

Damn. He was a good friend. He had all kinds of toys and electric minicars. One time I was curious as to their vehicle that had a real motor inside it parked near their garage. Somehow I got trapped inside it, the window must've had been opened partly priorly. His mother spotted me, and I got very embarrased because I had been struggling to exit. The car's door would not budge. I hurried home in tears and awkwardness. They were never supposed to find out :(

Rewind to gaming.

Childhood
* Unknown Title of 2d Maze Sidescroller
* Donkey Kong Country 1/2 (2 player with family)
* Road Rash (splitscreen with friend)
* F-Zero FX (splitscreen with friend)
* Duke Nukem Time To kill
* Street Fighter Alpha 3 (VS friend)
* Mario Kart Double Dash (splitscreen with friend)

Attention stopped.
Then
* Age of Empires 2
* Stronghold Crusader
* Settlers IV
* Call of Duty 5 Nazi Zombies (splitscreen with friend)
* Star Wars Battlefront 1/2 (splitscreen with friend)

Teenage Years
* Fallout 3 (addict)
* Call of Duty 4 Multiplayer/Singleplayer (addicted to multiplayer)
* Star Trek Voyager Elite Force
* Battlefield Heroes (addict)
* League of Legends (addict)
* Fallout 1
* FOnline (addict)
* Company of Heroes (addict)
* Risk Factions

By addict I refer to total excessive play for hours per day, unhealthy play as in altering the sleep cycle.

Recently it's been Telltale's Walking Dead, Game of Thrones and The Wolf Among Us.
FreeDink on Linux.

Ocarina of Time is one I witnessed as a child, but I never got to understand it.
I beat it recently and got surprised as to its difficulty and its contents. I obtained a GameCube to play Wind Waker, still not done with it.

For gaming, I've usually not been interested in anything but the gameplay experiences with few exceptions, FOnline, Fallout NV and maybe that Unknown Titled 2d Maze Sidescroller. Fallout NV I began using the G.E.C.K to create mods and with FOnline I got a little obsessed with solving formulas for PvP combat calculations in order to create optimized PvP characters. I didn't enjoy Fallout NV contrary to Fallout 3, but I enjoyed scripting it.

Big fan of sandbox games. Especially likes the games Burnout Paradise + Burnout Paradise 2 (nfsmw), Assassins Creed games, Uncharted, Last of Us, GTA 4, Bioshock Infinite, FF8 and FF7.

I used to game a lot as a kid, and recently got back into it.

I got a 3DS and several games for it. My favorite is Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX. It's a rhythm game similar
to PaRappa/Um Jammer Lammy or Ouendan/Elite Beat Agents (if anyone remembers those). It's also got some puzzles as minigames too. It is extremely cutesy though, so if the idea of chibis flying around against pastel backgrounds while wearing frilly dresses gives you cavities, this isn't the game for you.

Another game I enjiy is called Fantasy Life. It's an action RPG, but has a very relaxing atmosphere and cutesy graphics, as well as witty dialogue. The only negative thing about it is that the music and sound effects are kind of annoying.

I also got Pokemon Omega Ruby. Pokemon has been a lifelong passion of mine. But I developed a rather unhealthy obsession with Omega Ruby to the point that I was neglecting basic self care while I researched and plotted my perfect team. I'm not even that far in the game yet (just arrived in the city that contains the first gym). I haven't touched the game in about a week because I'm afraid of getting too obsessed again.

My first ever special interest was gaming. I was about 3 when I learned how to operate a Commodore 64. It's been a life long thing......so it's nearly thirty years of favorites on all sorts of platforms and from all sorts of genres :sweatsmile:
My absolute favorites :

Ultima Underworld 1 & 2
Final Fantasy VI & VII
Heroes of Might and Magic 2, 3 and 4
Albion
Chrono Trigger
Broken Sword 1 & 2
Toonstruck
Grandia 1 & 2
Doom
Hexen

I've played them all over and over again. It's very comforting :relieved: Best stress relief.

I always have a few games on the go at any given time.
At the moment I am playing the first Phantasy Star game and also Lunar Eternal Blue. I also play Tibia online regularly

My first experience of gaming was on my brother's Spectrum ZX, it ran cassettes, cassettes! I didn't properly get into gaming until the PlayStation came around we had TOCA Touring Cars and Tomb Raider 3 as our first games and it was amazing!

My favourite games which I've gotten obsessed over have been GTA: San Andreas, I 100% that twice. Vampire: The Masqurade - Bloodlines, the best RPG I've played to date. The Elder Scrolls, I've burnt out on both Oblivion and Skyrim, I've put 2000+ hours into Skyrim on the PC version alone - got to love mods! Metal Gear Solid is a franchise I deeply love, less so now because Konami is the worst but I really loved MGS3, I actually started making maps for each area of the game with locations of the kerotans in, but I never finished it.

Nearly each game I've bought over the years I've gotten deeply obsessed with for a time and it's eaten up so much of my free time it's absurd.

Been playing computer games since.. well... since the time you had to copy them out of a magazine.
IE - Program them.
Since then I think I've played most types. I realy used to get into Quake 3 TA & C&C, but now my interest has wained.
Which is a shame if you consider the sizes of my archives, 150Gb M.A.M.E rom stash for example.
I mainly play War Thunder (Arcade Tank Battles) & SWTOR. Can't seem to settle into the Witcher3, Farcry 4 let alone GTA V ( all played on the PC) It's been harder for me to relax into games since I turned 38. :(

New Threads

Top Bottom