• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Video games you're looking forward to

Mr Allen

V.I.P Member
I'm looking forward to a couple of games that are due out in July, such as Joe's Diner and the new Ghostbusters, based on the remake of the old movie.

Joe's Diner looks good, kind of a point and click adventure thing set in a Diner which is built over an old Indian Graveyard, could be quite scary.

And I think this year's WWE game is out late October/early to mid November.

Got some saving of loot to do.

So is anyone else looking forward to anything good?

6 views no comments? Just cos this is about Xbox games? Smh, make with the comments you bunch of Sony zealots/Nintendo fanboys!

I play videogames but I don't actively follow them. I'm partial to the games I grew up on, though; Mario, Zelda, Pokémon, Final Fantasy, Fire Emblem.

I'm not really a big follower of video games, especially as I don't have any of the newest generation (Xbox One, PS4, Wii U) and I don't play games on my PC.

The last time I was interested in a game coming out was when I was waiting for the release of Godzilla: The Game, but I ended up feeling ticked off because I learned that the majority of the playable monsters in the PS4 version of the game were none-playable in the PS3 version. As such, I didn't buy the game out of feeling ripped off.

I'm looking really forward to Hellblade (PC/PS4), I'm picking this up on PC. It's about a Celtic female warrior whose suffer trauma at the hands of the Northmen invaders during the viking invasion of Britain. She deals with anxiety, depression and most significantly, psychosis. This forces her to hear voices who narrate her journey to find her loved one. This feels like a truly passionate piece of work that talks about subjects not traditionally shown in games.

Here's the trailer from GDC this year:

And here's a piece of music from it, it really kicks arse:

I'm not really a big follower of video games, especially as I don't have any of the newest generation (Xbox One, PS4, Wii U) and I don't play games on my PC.

The last time I was interested in a game coming out was when I was waiting for the release of Godzilla: The Game, but I ended up feeling ticked off because I learned that the majority of the playable monsters in the PS4 version of the game were none-playable in the PS3 version. As such, I didn't buy the game out of feeling ripped off.

Don't worry, that game was bombed by the reviewers. It was pure shovelware fit for the early 2000's.

I'm kind of excited about the new Paper Mario game. " Paper Mario Color Splash." The game looks good, but It's not the same as the other Paper Mario games though. I still want to give it a try though because I really enjoy the Paper Mario series and I want to give it a fair chance before bashing it and saying that it's a bad game. I also want to try Paper Mario Sticker Star because I haven't played that game yet, but It's not really a new game.

I'm kind of excited about the new Paper Mario game. " Paper Mario Color Splash." The game looks good, but It's not the same as the other Paper Mario games though. I still want to give it a try though because I really enjoy the Paper Mario series and I want to give it a fair chance before bashing it and saying that it's a bad game. I also want to try Paper Mario Sticker Star because I haven't played that game yet, but It's not really a new game.
Color Splash is shaping up to be a good game.

Sticker Star is a bit lacking and battles are mostly useless, making the game a chore (you can get the game at discount).
I couldn't beat Sticker Star, so I gave up after world 3.

As for myself:

On September 16th (North America) I will be picking up Dragon Quest VII Remake for my 3DS, then in November I will be getting Pokemon Moon, and I will be getting Cities Skylines: Disasters Expansion pack when it released later this year.

Color Splash is shaping up to be a good game.

Sticker Star is a bit lacking and battles are mostly useless, making the game a chore (you can get the game at discount).
I couldn't beat Sticker Star, so I gave up after world 3.

As for myself:

On September 16th (North America) I will be picking up Dragon Quest VII Remake for my 3DS, then in November I will be getting Pokemon Moon, and I will be getting Cities Skylines: Disasters Expansion pack when it released later this year.
Yeah I heard that Sticker Star wasn't a really good game, but I still want to give it a chance and try it out for myself. I will definitely get the game at a discounted price. I'm not going to pay a lot of money for the game. Color Splash does look kind of promising though.

I can't wait for Kingdom Hearts 3, the remake of Final Fantasy VII and the remaster of the original Crash Bandicoot trilogy. Should be interesting to see what they do with the remakes. I'll have to get a PS4 first though. :p

I'm waiting for the Xbox One release of Oceanhorn, which is apparently the Xbox equivalent of Nintendo's Legend of Zelda games.

Also Just Sing is out on Xbox One this Friday in UK, might get that as I like singing games.

I'm also tempted to get the Back to the Future trilogy game on Xbox One, £15 in CEX, has easy achievements apparently.

I bought the BTTF game today, pretty cool.

Last edited:
I can't wait for Kingdom Hearts 3, the remake of Final Fantasy VII and the remaster of the original Crash Bandicoot trilogy. Should be interesting to see what they do with the remakes. I'll have to get a PS4 first though. :p
I'm also really excited about the remaster if the Crash Bandicoot. I hope the games turn out well.

There are not many new games I'm interested in this year, other than the year 2 wave of LEGO Dimensions. Although for next year, I'm looking forward to the new Pikmin game for 3DS, as well as the Crash Bandicoot trilogy remasters. I look forward to the amiibo update for Animal Crossing New Leaf as well.

Probably the one and only "major" game I'll pick up during the rest of the year is the new Pokemon... beyond that I tend to just not be interested in AAA titles or whatever. They've gotten so boring now. I cant be impressed by graphics, so they have nothing to offer me. Too easy, too shallow, in most cases, and I have a particular dislike for much of the FPS genre. Or anything with cutscenes. I do have a PS4, but it's basically a glorified paperweight... more than once I've considered selling the ridiculous thing, but I'm lazy, so I havent. The Wii U does get some use.

Mostly do PC gaming, which also means that I dont have to wait for games to come out... as a rule I can just play them while they are being made, which is what I usually do. Early Access or alpha/beta participation. There's the occaisional exception... I'd love to be able to try out Totally Accurate Battle Simulator, but it's one of THOSE alphas, where they send out "random" invites to people and that's the only way in, so I keep forgetting that one exists.

For the most part though, other than the upcoming Pokemon, I'm already playing the ones that are upcoming that I'd be waiting for.

There is a particular UPDATE I'm waiting for though, which is Binding of Isaac's Afterbirth Plus expansion. It'd be nice if that would come out sometime this century. By the end of the year, I hear, but that's not soon enough...

The game I'm most excited for is Star Citizen. It's a first person space sim that's been entirely crowdfunded, and has raised 120 million dollars so far. The Alpha is playable right now, though my computer isn't good enough to run it. This game will let you do anything you've ever wanted to do in a space game, trading, combat, mining, racing, all of that and more.

Grand Theft Auto VI... whenever that comes out. Gta 3, Vice City and San Andreas are availably as one package on the Playstation network for £25 so I might buy them. I haven't played any since 3 and never played story mode in that, I just went around the city causing havoc.

I did play some of GTA: Chinatown Wars on the DS but got stuck on a mission and gave up. I might go back to that too. Maybe not since I spent a lot of time playing that just stealing a taxi and using that to make money. I can do the same in GTA V with the bonus of nice graphics and being able to listen to the radio. I also own the taxi company in the game so it's extra profit.

Grand Theft Auto VI... whenever that comes out. Gta 3, Vice City and San Andreas are availably as one package on the Playstation network for £25 so I might buy them. I haven't played any since 3 and never played story mode in that, I just went around the city causing havoc.

I did play some of GTA: Chinatown Wars on the DS but got stuck on a mission and gave up. I might go back to that too. Maybe not since I spent a lot of time playing that just stealing a taxi and using that to make money. I can do the same in GTA V with the bonus of nice graphics and being able to listen to the radio. I also own the taxi company in the game so it's extra profit.

It might sound weird to some people, but I also enjoy doing "regular" jobs in open world games. Like, being a woodcutter in Skyrim for example. It really immerses you in the world when you're able to make a living without blowing stuff up, raiding tombs, or stealing things. Not that I don't enjoy doing those things too in games.

I'm waiting for this year's WWE game, I usually pre-order them but I'm going to wait this year and ask for it for Christmas, I'm sure all the downloadable content (DLC) will be out by then, and I usually create Goldberg anyway, who is the pre-order bonus character this year. I'm also looking forward to Constructor HD on Xbox One, having played the original on the PC way back in 1998 I'm kind of good at that kind of thing.

I'm not much of a gamer, however, I'd like to see a video game based on the Civil War with specific battles. The player(s) could then change the historical tactics thus altering the outcome. It would most definitely be popular in the south.:D
Like a videogame version of Risk or something?

New Threads

Top Bottom