• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Video Games, Risk and Reward

Georgia Galaxy

Georgie Girl <3
V.I.P Member
I just watched a crucial video from Masahiro Sakurai (who created Kirby and Super Smash Bros) explaining why enemies and obstacles exist in games. Without those in a life, there is no rewards, frankly. Gotta take the risks to get dem rewards.
Also, quick piece of advice for anyone who watches videos/plays video games a lot (especially headphones), please give your eyes and ears a break once in a while, I definitely need one sometimes.

As a longtime fan of roguelikes and bullet-hell games, this is one of those design subjects where I could just rant about it for hours.

Heck, when I did my game-dev contracts a few years ago, killing the player- er, I mean, designing and implementing enemies and bosses and other threats was my main function.

There's a lot that goes into that element of game design.

, please give your eyes and ears a break once in a while, I definitely need one sometimes.

My eyes have seen too much terror, my eyes have heard too much horror, my mind is essentially dead, I must live outside of reality, if only emerging from its cradle of creativity to feed myself...

New Threads

Top Bottom