• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Using music to make me cry.

Iamnotarabot

This is a bit weird , I dont realy know how this is related to anything.

I have a group of musics that make me feel emotionnal/make me cry very easely, most of them are video games/ anime related and a few are not related to that...

For instance today , I had a good day of work, i think i feel ok and satisfied.
But for no real reason i decided to listen to those specific songs during my youtube session and once again I cried a river...After i come bacl to my previous state, just a bit teary .

First time i cried while playing a video game was when i was 10 and played Majoras'Mask , the very last scene with the drawing on the tree + the music of the previous game made me cry so much it realy surprised me. I am often sensitive to movies and stuff like that, I had the same thing when i saw ready player one last week.

When i talked about it to my therapist ( I only told her i often go back to old music in order to make me cry) she only said she found that interesting but didnt explain why i would do that on a regular basis.

Maybe I just miss those times?

I think I get this with certain songs too, and I think it is because I have linked them to a time or value that is important to me.

"Can't rain all the time" from the film The Crow is one example of one of mine. Another is "If we hold on together" from the film The Land Before Time.

Crying is a good stress release so it's good I think that you can listen to a song to let you cry, so when you ever feel you can't cry and want to, you can use those tunes to help you cry.

In your opinion this is a way to release stress?
I had a good day but cant say it wasnt stressfull, but I dont realy felt stress, well this is weird because i was stressed but also blocked during the day, i dont know if its clear.

After i came home i was fine and ready to go to bed but suddenly i wanted to hear to sad musics. ^^'

Could be you miss the times. Could also be that certain music has certain vocal qualities, timbres, chord patterns, key signatures... that just hit you the right way. While most life events have songs associated with them, I've had songs that had no memories associated with them, just had the right construction for tears. To name one, anything by George Harrison.

I say no sense trying to stop crying about a song, you'll probably feel better about it later.

That is crazy that you said that! I cried at that exact same moment in Majora's Mask. The skull kid is both excited and sad that everyone forgives him, seeing it was really the mask's fault. It's funny how extreme joy and sadness are so similar; it it almost as if they're on a higher plane of existence (if you know what I mean).

Keep crying!

When I was less in touch with my emotions I would often watch sad episodes of TV shows to make me cry. It was a form of stress release for me, and I never cried unless I did this. Now that I am in touch with my emotions, I just turn into a sobbing mess without needing tv or music.

That sounds like a nostalgia trip to me, and if it works, then use it. Personally, I don't cry at songs, but they do help to relieve stress. I really enjoy listening to an album I haven't heard before and then giving it a rating.

It reminds me of a book I read Gunter Grass - The Tin Drum - in which is described a restaurant where people went to cry, by cutting up onions. Personally, I would prefer music.

There's 2 pieces of music that make me cry every time, Amazing Grace and Abide with me, both of which I associate with Funerals.

This is realy interesting to see that we dont have all the same experiences with music ^^

To make me feel emotionnal or to feel empowered well i have musics almots every moment i can xD

Music hits me deep in the feels, but I’m an emotional mess with very little triggering. I think it’s normal for music to be nostalgia. Especially if, like visuals, you can ‘feel’ music as a texture or other sensation behind just sound. More feelings to link the sound too, good or bad.

New Threads

Top Bottom