• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Update

ftfipps

when I was 15 years old I was put on antipsychotic drugs. I wasn't psychotic. It ruined my life. It kills your intelligence. I figured out how to turn my brain back on about a month ago but now it's too late and it's the end of humankind and my entire life was wasted walking around brain dead. The area I live in gets worse and worse by the day.

How do I deal with the pain I've had to go through, throughout my life? Some of ya are extremely brilliant. How do you deal with the idea that your life was wasted and the great war is coming soon to kill us all?

If that's true, you may be able to take that one to court. A misdiagnosis that resulted in erroneous medication administration that, in turn, affected one's brain and well-being,...those are the sorts of things that medical malpractice lawyers will take on. If it's truly one of those "slam-dunk" cases, they may take that one on for free, knowing that they'll win a big settlement. If someone can sue McDonalds for a million dollars, literally over hot coffee,...you've probably got a legitimate case there.

As far as your second comment about the great war is coming soon to kill us all,...I'd rather keep a more positive outlook on life.;)

when I was 15 years old I was put on antipsychotic drugs. I wasn't psychotic. It ruined my life. It kills your intelligence. I figured out how to turn my brain back on about a month ago but now it's too late and it's the end of humankind and my entire life was wasted walking around brain dead. The area I live in gets worse and worse by the day.

How do I deal with the pain I've had to go through, throughout my life? Some of ya are extremely brilliant. How do you deal with the idea that your life was wasted and the great war is coming soon to kill us all?

Being drugged like you were is chemical abuse and very wrong. You are likely going to feel worse around people due to what happened and have difficulty trusting people. Whenever anyone experiences years long trauma like that, the emotions they experience can ruin their life. The best thing you can do is try to generate positive emotions to counteract the negative emotions you feel. Practice trying to think positively and find people to talk to so you can have positive experiences with people to help counteract the negative experiences you've had. Try to avoid dwelling on any negative thoughts and avoid being alone too much. Meditation with positive encouraging words or getting massages may help. Social connections and positive thinking are the best ways I know to experience positive emotions.

Being drugged like you were is chemical abuse and very wrong. You are likely going to feel worse around people due to what happened and have difficulty trusting people. Whenever anyone experiences years long trauma like that, the emotions they experience can ruin their life. The best thing you can do is try to generate positive emotions to counteract the negative emotions you feel. Practice trying to think positively and find people to talk to so you can have positive experiences with people to help counteract the negative experiences you've had. Try to avoid dwelling on any negative thoughts and avoid being alone too much. Meditation with positive encouraging words or getting massages may help. Social connections and positive thinking are the best ways I know to experience positive emotions.
Fortunately I've had very positive interactions with lots of people over the years so I'm not antisocial, I just tactfully interact like anyone else would. It's just, my surroundings and circumstances get worse and worse. If I could, I would buy all my stuff on amazon instead of going to stores, not because I'm awkward, but my neighborhood is rough now.

Last edited:
If that's true, you may be able to take that one to court. A misdiagnosis that resulted in erroneous medication administration that, in turn, affected one's brain and well-being,...those are the sorts of things that medical malpractice lawyers will take on. If it's truly one of those "slam-dunk" cases, they may take that one on for free, knowing that they'll win a big settlement. If someone can sue McDonalds for a million dollars, literally over hot coffee,...you've probably got a legitimate case there.

As far as your second comment about the great war is coming soon to kill us all,...I'd rather keep a more positive outlook on life.;)
what? Take it to court, seriously never thought of that. Drugging children is so widespread now, I doubt I'd win a big cash settlement. Maybe in the 90's but it's given to small kids now, not even teens. Little zombies walking around. Take care man.

Anti-psychotics are very often used for issues other than psychosis, such as anxiety or aggression. I don't know off the top of my head the differences in side-effects between adults and children taking it, but I take anti-psychotics and they cause no identifiable cognitive impairment.

Anti-psychotics are very often used for issues other than psychosis, such as anxiety or aggression. I don't know off the top of my head the differences in side-effects between adults and children taking it, but I take anti-psychotics and they cause no identifiable cognitive impairment.

Well, you do often describe symptoms such as being oblivious, to a degree, though?

This is catastrophic thinking. Basically you have been focusing only on negative things until your perspective gets skewed.

You can't actually "deal" with these thoughts because they aren't 100% true.

Let's take "your life was wasted" for a start. It is obvious that you mean that your life does not look like what you imagine you life is capable of being. But your life isn't over so you need to start changing what you focus on to improve your thoughts about it.

How do know that without the drugs your life would have been significantly better? Do you know that is true 100%?

The truth is, you don't know. You speculate. You wonder if things would have been different, but you do not actually really know. There is even a possibility that your life would have been worse.

But none of that matters really. What matters is you don't like your life and you are feeling sorry for yourself. I feel sorry for you too! It is tough to figure out what you can do and if you can do it. That part sucks. But that is where you really are right NOW.
You can not change the past. You can only acknowledge that you want the future to be different.

What do you want? What do you really want at the heart of the matter? Weath? Fame? Peace? Love?

Identify that thing. You want that thing because you imagine that it will make you happy. But happiness isn't a thing you acquire. You cann not get happiness like a disease or new furniture. Happiness is really a state of mind. You can not get happy by focusing with unhappy, negative thinking.

All of these other things, like improving where you live, are simply exercises in problem solving. It can take time to solve those problems but they are solvable.

Well, you do often describe symptoms such as being oblivious, to a degree, though?

That's definitely been since childhood. I do experience cognitive impairment, though, but it's from the Gabapentin.

New Threads

Top Bottom