• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Um... Hi!

Kyn

Hello!
I'm not an aspie, but my partner is- and I really need some insight! I am hoping I might find some help here... and that it's ok for me to be posting.

Well, I guess I should clarify a bit. I don't have aspergers, but I'm not really nt, either. I have anxiety, cyclothymia, and non epileptic seizures (with a touch of epilepsy too), along with some health issues. I definitely relate with people on the spectrum and have some minor traits- I don't much care for eye contact, social situations and crowds can be tough sometimes, I have a lot of sensory overload issues (although that's been attributed to fibromyalgia), and, my god, I can stim like a madwoman. However, I am also super disorganized, hate numbers and patterns, always forget phone numbers, birthdays, and the like, and tend to mix my food all around my plate. :p

Really, though, I am here because of my boyfriend. I can deal with the downsides of aspergers in a relationship, but I could use some insight and advice from people who can relate and have been there. So, can I be part of your community?

welcome.png

Having read through a bunch of topics here, I am not sure where I should post my questions and concerns. I don't want to be annoying and start threads in the wrong places. I mean, I am asking for advice about dealing with my boyfriend's idiosyncrasies- would you prefer me to post in the relationships category (where I've seen other partners /spouses post), or in a category relating to the question at hand?

Having read through a bunch of topics here, I am not sure where I should post my questions and concerns. I don't want to be annoying and start threads in the wrong places. I mean, I am asking for advice about dealing with my boyfriend's idiosyncrasies- would you prefer me to post in the relationships category (where I've seen other partners /spouses post), or in a category relating to the question at hand?

Welcome :)

I would personally say that if the questions you have are related to your significant other, the love and relationships section would probably be the best place to post. You may find that there are other people who have posted in that section who have some of the answers you are looking for :)

New Threads

Top Bottom