• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Twitter on a phone

Do you tweet?

• Twitter is fun

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Twitter works great on phones

• Twitter is safe, and you can see lots of pictures

• Total voters

Skittlebisquit

Just keep trying, victory brings glory
V.I.P Member
Is Twitter safe to use? Can I look at tweets without signing up? I am spooky about it. I tried reddit but I didn't understand, plus super boring.
Isn't Twitter all about celeb worship , and like pop culture stuff?

Personally I think Twitter is the bottom of the barrel when it comes to social media tools. It brings out the absolute worst in people because it encourages speaking without thinking first. It seems to me people just use it to rant about stuff without thinking which stirs up controversy and then people start feuding and bully and "cancel" each other. And then there's the whole old tweets coming back to haunt you.

I'm thinking of signing up.

I found it upsetting with some of the things on there so closed my account.

I’m too emotional to watch someone toss a dog or person off a building, or someone get blown up. I saw this stuff, it was way to easy I wasn’t looking for it, just people are crazy and put up crazy things on there.

If a person is triggered easily or wears their heart on their shoulder (I fit that) then nope, don’t think it’s a good place. Lot of things I don’t want to see.

See that's me too! Like right in the middle on it, it seems vile, like commercialized gossip mongering or something, but I am curious. I get strange ideas. Plus I am feeling really old today, I stayed up for the eclipse last night, it was glorious

I've never signed up to it so I'm afraid I can't pass judgement on how good it is or isn't.
However, considering all the negative stuff I've heard about it (along with the issue of something on there potentially coming back to "bite you"), I've no desire to join up.

I've sampled it, you can follow people you are interested in, and it feels quite personally connecting to read their tweets, I just followed some people and groups I admire.

But I couldn't bring myself to tweet anything, as what does one say in or to such a vast environment? For celebrities, may be it works to just talk about their day and support certain causes by retweeting, but I saw no way to join in as an individual, other than passing on tweets that seemed important about causes.

This is not because I feel unworthy, btw, it's because the environment depends on celebrity or being an organisation etc. I do occasionally look at my account.

New Threads

Top Bottom