• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

TV stress

I actually prefer TV shows to movies, because with TV shows there's the routine of seeing the same characters each time. With movies, I have to get to know new characters from scratch, each time I watch one.

I don't own a TV. It is too often a barrage of sensory chaos. :eek: Also, I prefer to be mindful in selecting what my mind's consumption will be. If I wish to enjoy a nature or science documentary, or laugh at a good comedy, there are always online options. :)

I'm very selective in what I watch too. I love nature and science documentaries myself. But, I also love watching the old time black and white episodes like the Lone Ranger, The Rifleman and Superman especially. I do like to watch the news. But this new garbage they call good I never watch. I hate most of the episodes that have come along since color TV. And yes I was around when companies came out with the color TV. I got quite a collection of horror and science fiction movies as well that I watch on my computer and like you I also watch a lot of stuff on You Tube including movies, nature and science. So we have some things in common.

;)

TV?...ok,that box that tries to sell you something ever few minutes :p

Na,I use the internet for gathering my entertainment and rarely get involved emotionally with what comes on my box
Same here. I hate the fact that the TV interrupts to show commercials all the time. I hate commercials - they are "a barrage of sensory chaos" as Warmheart describes it.

I sometimes watch sci fi series such as Star Trek or Doctor Who, a film or comedy, but mainly I watch documentaries. I prefer to be informed rather than entertained.

A nice collection of DVDs helps against television commercial fatigue.
There are about 500 movie titles available in this drive alone in fairly sharp resolution.I have a stack of DVDs that I could hide behind plus stream around the clock...if I hear about something on TV and I am interested enough,I can find it missing all the commercials :D

Capture843.JPG

New Threads

Top Bottom