• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Trucking

wanderer03

Today I graduated from tractor trailer refresher training school. I graduated at the top of my class with a perfect backing score of 0 and a road test score of 3. The lower the score the better.

Tomorrow I head out with my trainer and since I scored so well on my tests, the trainer can release me from training any time after 7 days. God I love driving that truck! It's so dang gone fun. I love the growl of the diesel and the whine of the turbo.

Pics of the truck to follow tomorrow afternoon.

Today I graduated from tractor trailer refresher training school. I graduated at the top of my class with a perfect backing score of 0 and a road test score of 3. The lower the score the better.

Tomorrow I head out with my trainer and since I scored so well on my tests, the trainer can release me from training any time after 7 days. God I love driving that truck! It's so dang gone fun. I love the growl of the diesel and the whine of the turbo.

What kind of truck are you driving?

Pretty soon it will be hammer down and keep her between the ditches time :D

d8aa94217e45cb11d32d287487067dae.jpg

My trainer's truck. We are in Jasper, FL. We are 72 feet in length. The tractor is a 2012 Freightliner Cascadia Evolution. Oh and not to brag but that parking job is all mine. :)

Last edited:
Detroit Diesel with the Freightliner UltraShift auto transmission.
Ah, Detroit. A mechanic's servicing nemesis. Filters in THE most awkward places, BUT great engine for the driver. Ultrashift auto - best thing ever invented. Super cool you enjoy your trucking. Nothing like owning the road. Hahaha!

Awesome. I'm always glad when an aspie manages income AND independence. It is so rare and difficult for us.
You give me too much credit. My family manages my money and helps me budget. I am simply able to hold down a job. It helps tremendously that I have very minimal interaction with people and that I genuinely enjoy driving. It took me a while to become comfortable but the persistence was well worth it.

I recommend a career in truck driving to anyone that wants minimal social interaction and loves driving. I really wanted to work on a freight railroad but gave up after being turned down so many times. This was the second best option.

Does that auto allow you to start in a higher gear if traction isn't favorable?

Yes, it sure does! You can even put it in manual mode and shift through all 12 gears if you want. If traction isn't favourable though, I would lock the differential to get rolling.

Yes, it sure does! You can even put it in manual mode and shift through all 12 gears if you want. If traction isn't favourable though, I would lock the differential to get rolling.
Ok,never had any experience with one.

I never got any road time in anything above a medium duty,most of them were 5&2s that didn't have a power divider option.

There's nothing wrong with needing help managing finances, my brother-in-law helps me manage my insurance,finances, long term goals,taxes,etc.

Anything more than basic budgeting is a bit over my head, I not some finanical guru.

You give me too much credit. My family manages my money and helps me budget. I am simply able to hold down a job. It helps tremendously that I have very minimal interaction with people and that I genuinely enjoy driving. It took me a while to become comfortable but the persistence was well worth it.

I recommend a career in truck driving to anyone that wants minimal social interaction and loves driving. I really wanted to work on a freight railroad but gave up after being turned down so many times. This was the second best option.

New Threads

Top Bottom