• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Truck in alligator pond today /other Florida stories

The truck is gone today. But l couldn't help giggling, that some lady walked away okay from this. Maybe never underestimate the power of a female trying to get to the grocery store. Lol

C'mon, you Florida residents, there is a lot to like about the natural Florida.

The Mayakka, that I've mentioned, Your Palmetto prairies (like on the Lake Wales Ridge (old islands, soon to become new islands) where one may see the occasional Cara-Cara, the Crystal River Formation from which fossil sharks teeth wash uo on beaches from Venice and south of there. (I have never found a Megalodon tooth, but, found some excellent Sand Tiger teeth. I want to get one made into an earring and get an ear pierced. Which ear? L or R?) Then there are your mangrove forests. Paddling through Mangrove tunnels is exquisitely creepy with harmless mangrove snakes and disturbingly creepy Mangrove Crabs. Then, there is paddling to The entrance to Three Sisters Spring at Crystal river, anchoring the boats, swimming into the springs, and snorkeling with Manitees in Winter. Then there are the Keys. The Conch Republic has a lot going for it. And, don't let on that fresh Spiny Lobster is as good as northern Lobster. And your good fish houses. My favorite is the Sandy Hook, in Matlacha! And thinking of that, being able to kayak from Pineland to Cayo Costa camping out, or staying at the Inn on Cabbage Key. Don't forget Fort Jefferson. That is where Mudd, the physician who set Booth's broken leg, was held in prison. (Going there is on my bucket list.).

Florida has a lot to amaze (and I bet, under pressure by developers.) as anybody reading a Serge Storms novel will know. Need I play my trump card? Weeki Wachee

Last edited:
Yes, @Gerald Wilgus states, this is quite a beautiful place and l can access Mayakka area close to where l live. And these areas aren't too busy, because most of our residents are elderly, and the snap chat crew are working the retirement homes that spring up yearly. (Good stock Buy).

Still remember the Gatorland in Orlando. Quite a show.

Last edited:
I have at least a somewhat crazy FL story to add, but snake-related, not gators. I grew up in South FL and back in elementary one day I actually had a garter snake come up the piping of my shower and out the bottom of the overflow cap...while I was in the shower. One of the most terrifying things I've experienced.

I have at least a somewhat crazy FL story to add, but snake-related, not gators. I grew up in South FL and back in elementary one day I actually had a garter snake come up the piping of my shower and out the bottom of the overflow cap...while I was in the shower. One of the most terrifying things I've experienced.

Wow! Florida is a very special place.

What a story.

Not scary, but a group of us was near the W end of the Tamiami trail at some state park. I needed a shower, stepped into the stall, and it was covered with tree frogs. Luckily I like frogs and managed to relocate a bunch to a safer place. And thankfully there was nobody seeing me running back and forth naked bringing out frogs.

I saw an interesting headline in the news now; "Pythons are eating alligators and everything else in Florida"

Oh Florida... you're so weird. :D

New Threads

Top Bottom