• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Torture Still Exists

In my opinion there're no "saint" countries or goverments.

Agreed. When it comes to national security, I suspect virtually all sovereign security apparatuses will likely do whatever they have to in a pursuit of results. Whether their own country's laws and/or leaders disapprove of it or not.

However blaming your adversary or competitor for hypocrisy is practically an institution in the world of international relations. I don't see that ever changing either. Pots just love calling the kettle "black".

That all said though, it's apparently easier to put a government under such scrutiny over torture than it is to put the scientific and medical establishment in a similar predicament over electro-convulsive therapy.

Last edited:
I was wondering when somebody was going to post something about it. Here's my only response. Do I think that torture should exist - no. I also don't belive wars or any kind of abuse should exist. Will it continue existing for a few 100s or 1000s of years - quite possibly. I've seen a lot of posts all over the place about the terrible stuff CIA is doing. My only problem with all this - do people think that US is the only country that does it? And why do people appear to be so surprised? Did those people believe that US is a country of angels, did they think all this time we've been living in a magical world with pots of gold in the end of rainbows and unicorns. In my opinion there're no "saint" countries or goverments. If you disagree, show me one, I want to see it. And all those terrible people doing terrible things are simply reflections of our human nature, our choices (as human race), and possibly (hopefully) lessons that can bring us to the next level of development...
I'm quite sure a lot of other countries do it. I just don't hear them bragging about how enlightened, civil, and "humane" they are like I often hear the USA going on. For all the bluster about how we're supposed to be better or something, I see very little evidence to support it, and in some cases I find the USA quite lacking compared to other countries. Walk the walk if you're gonna talk the talk, you know?

But unicorns would be pretty awesome! Not the frilly Barbie unicorns either, the old style ones that were proud and fierce critters. :)

New Threads

Top Bottom