• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Too many photos... Aagh!

One more road trip edit from last night, at Buffalo Lake in central Alberta, didn't quite get finished, about to dive in again and do my worst...

Buffalo Lake 01.jpg

My camera bodies generate 47 and 50 MP files. I'm also very active as a photographer. You should see how quickly I burn through storage.
Point taken. I can see how a commercial photographer would create and need to archive image files that large. Especially anyone doing those great panoramic views.

However in my own case I don't keep anything larger than 350 dots per inch, using a digital camera that creates 10MP images. I even stopped using RAW format and went to JPG. More practical, and not wasting disk space. Apart from the fact that my 24-year old version of Photoshop tends to crash with images beyond 400 DPI. So certain concessions must be made.

Then again if you are having such files printed at poster-size, I can see keeping and storing them that large. Otherwise, no...to me it's just a waste of disk space. Though I don't print anything exceeding 8.5x11 inches which I can do myself.

Last edited:
Then again if you are having such files printed at poster-size, I can see keeping and storing them that large.
I'm selling prints again this winter, some of them quite large. Half the proceeds go to a local art collective and the other half to the local food bank.

However in my own case I see my concern over eroding privacy as a matter of general principle. Where those powers that be won't stop any time soon trying to take away what little privacy we have left.
I agree with this and I do what I can to protect my privacy where I can, but sometimes my need for the service outweighs other concerns. I'm surfing through a VPN right now to keep prying eyes away from my data and using Brave for my browser as it prioritizes privacy.

I'm selling prints again this winter, some of them quite large. Half the proceeds go to a local art collective and the other half to the local food bank.
Clearly you need astronomical disk space for that! Lucky there are multiple terabyte SSDs these days. :cool:

On this drive I'm running a single terabyte SSD. But for me I chuckle at the prospect of actually filling this drive to capacity. My entire photo and music collections have hardly put a dent in it so far.

Last edited:
About storing pictures safely, I received an email that says Proton Mails new Proton Drive is open. Cloud storage. Maybe that's good? Sounds interesting. Proton Mail is based in Switzerland and it's not Google or Amazon, I like that. I read that it was some people at CERN that started it.

New Threads

Top Bottom