• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Tingling sensation in head when excited

Darwin

V.I.P Member
One of the main reasons I joined this forum was to know the exact nature of that strange sensation whenever I get excited or even thinking for more than a few minutes (or at least know if anyone else experiences it).
I can’t describe it better than what’s in the title; it’s just a tingling sensation inside the head (behind the eyes) that is associated with excitement while, for example, listening to music, thinking about something, reading, speaking, etc. There are many “triggers” that I experience it almost everyday, every few hours.
The closest term describing it that I could find was ASMR, but, unlike ASMR, there aren’t special triggers, and it differs from ASMR in its description (it doesn’t start in the head and propagate downwards).

Is it the same as overexcitement (or sensory overload) which autistics often experience? When I have that sensation, I might feel the need to stop doing whatever that triggered it, close my eyes, and escape to a quiet environment to stop it, but it is not an annoying sensation per se. If I wanted to relieve it for some reason, that’s what I was going to do. That’s why I doubt it is the same as sensory overload.

Is it actually different? Does anyone here experience that sensation or at least know a scientific term for it?

Maybe it's a type of seizure! Such as a simple partial seizure, complex partial seizure, some kind of seizure. :eek:

Excitement tingle, seizure tingle. As long as you don't black out or fall asleep. Does accompany everything single exciting thing or is it limited to time of day, type of thing you are doing, before you eat or after, or meds etc? Because this is basically what the doctor will ask you.

Excitement tingle, seizure tingle. As long as you don't black out or fall asleep. Does accompany everything single exciting thing or is it limited to time of day, type of thing you are doing, before you eat or after, or meds etc? Because this is basically what the doctor will ask you.

I can’t relate it to a certain time of the day or even a particular activity. I don’t know if I should visit a doctor, because I can’t find a name for it on the internet. I wonder if it’s the so-called “overstimulation.” Do you get those sensory overloads?

I became that way once with a friend. I felt completely overwhelmed, but it was more emotionally stimulated to the max. Not excitement but flooded with emotional oneness with being with him. I promptly left. Without saying much. I mean what do you say? Wow, we were so connected that l lost it???? But l think l acted stupid and tried to propose like a idiot school child the next day.

Last edited:
Maybe it's a type of seizure! Such as a simple partial seizure, complex partial seizure, some kind of seizure. :eek:

It could be some kind of a “mini-seizure,” but only in the sense that it might be some kind of an overexcitement of the brain. But does it actually qualify to be diagnosed? Interesting, tho.

Have you ever found a term for it? I want to understand what exactly goes on in my brain when it happens.
Honestly I don't know if there is one, but sometimes it also happens when I'm angry, in which case I call it "Hades Hair", in reference to those scenes in Hercules where when Hades gets mad enough his "hair" flares up.

Frickin' James Woods and the likenesses, man..

New Threads

Top Bottom