• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Time Sinks

C

Chris

So what is/are your time sink(s)? i.e. How to you waste a lot of free time?

Gotta say, if I have any free time, it's usually just spent surfing the net or pursuing whatever has taken my interest at the time. Been playing GTA:VC with Willow a lot in the past few days. XD

I didn't know Willow was into Grand Theft Auto lol. I've been wasting a lot of time recently playing GTA IV on PC. Mainly messing around with different mods. I have San Andreas for PC but it looks so horrible now I can't play it. Once you go HD you won't go back.   :lol: I suppose it doesn't help either that my monitor is a Widescreen 1080p so playing pre-HD games looks bad.

I've just been surfing the internet a lot this week, browsing Aspergic and going through old photos and video that I took on my camera. I have also been uploading photos to my Flickr for the photography topic. Somehow I could spend a full day on my PC and not actually do a thing. Well, nothing constructive anyway.   :D

I've completed all the GTA games on PC, bar 4, without cheats. Been playing VC on ps2, and Willow's ordered SA. Love them lol. :)

Pfft, you have to complete them all without cheats at least once first! :p

I have this discussion with Willow yesterday lol. I don't like cheating the first time round because when you eventually progress to get new weapons and so on, they hold no weight of value to the storyline, if you cheat, you already have everything. Makes the game kind of pointless.

...though once I have completed it, I'll cheat and just 1 vs Police all the time. :lol: Endless fun.

Good point. I made sure I didn't cheat in IV until I completed the story first. Now that I have, I just have fun with the cheats and mess around. I also bought it for PC recently so I can try out the mods.

Heh, I have to say, having an official online multiplayer mode is nice. I played the multiplayer mods for 3/vice city and a little bit of SA, but there's nothing like the "real thing". GTA:IV online is great. :D

If I start doing art work, time just dissapears. Posting on here also does the trick too. Playing on Vice City is okay I guess, but I'm no good at it, and plus, I'm waiting for my new one to get here :)

I'll find something. i always do. Like play a game (just silly little ones online), look for a new firefox persona, personalize windows and stuff like that.

Aaah. Fun XD :p

Yeah SA is my favourite too. Out of the series it has the most 'freedom'. A large variety of aircraft, boats, vehicles, terrain, features... The map is awesome. I think the map for GTA:3 is okay, but there's too much city imo.. same problem with 4. Vice city is better, feels more open but it's too small.

San Andrea's has countryside, deserts, cities... the full works. :) Love it.

TBH, things like Wikipedia I'll spend all night on or something.
Or I find an awesome resource.
Or watching YouTube videos on an obsession of mine.
Or talking to people over MSN.
Or sometimes when I'm coding(that's hard to get away from :p).
EMZ=]

Yeah SA is my favourite too. Out of the series it has the most 'freedom'. A large variety of aircraft, boats, vehicles, terrain, features... The map is awesome. I think the map for GTA:3 is okay, but there's too much city imo.. same problem with 4. Vice city is better, feels more open but it's too small.

San Andrea's has countryside, deserts, cities... the full works. :) Love it.

That's the huge mistake Rockstar made with GTA:IV. They took all of the fun stuff out. No planes, no jetpack, no Hydra jet, no character customization, no car mods, no quads, very few bikes, no bmx, no purchasing property and the list goes on.

Yeah, feels like a step backwards in terms of features, but step forward in terms of physics and graphics. I love the way cars crumble, and people stumble when they're shot, etc.

I miss the planes :( Especially flying over areas that you're not allowed. God that was fun. The whole getting shot down thing <3

New Threads

Top Bottom