• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Third sequel curse

Adora

I noticed with movies that when they do sequels to successful movies people seem to dislike the third,though there are some exemptions you usually hear people called the third movie the worst in a franchise is it maybe due to three movies too many? Or is it just hard to live up to the original also is there a third movie in a franchise that you like regardless of what others may think?.

Actually, now you say it, this is pretty true. Every third Spider-Man movie will simply suck and it cannot be helped... At least, not with Tobey Maguire's dancing skills.

I noticed with movies that when they do sequels to successful movies people seem to dislike the third,though there are some exemptions you usually hear people called the third movie the worst in a franchise is it maybe due to three movies too many? Or is it just hard to live up to the original also is there a third movie in a franchise that you like regardless of what others may think?.

I do think it is difficult to make a good third film in any series. In the original Star Wars trilogy for instance, a lot of people think Empire Strikes Back was the best film in the series as they didn't just rehash the original film's plot and they did a lot of good stuff. Return of the Jedi, however, isn't as highly regarded because it reused the original film's plot and had several elements that were disliked/hated by the fans such as the Ewoks. Other bad examples include Godfather 3, Spiderman 3, Alien 3, Shrek the Third, etc.
At the same time, it's not impossible.
Toy Story 3 was a decent third movie in my opinion and while I don't like it as much as the original, I still think it was a good effort. Revenge of the Sith from the Star Wars prequel trilogy was pretty good for the most part. Finally, I like Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, having initially watched it during my R.E lesson at school I got hooked on it and prefer it to the previous films.

Hmm well, most of my favorite movies don't have sequels. But I used to be obsessed with Balto, and while I used to love the first two movies I found the third to be unwatchable. Maybe that was because by the time the third movie was released, I had moved onto other interests. These days my interests are way different and I can't even get through the first one anymore (man my nostalgia goggles really blinded me on this series!)

When it comes to The Lion King, the original was obviously the best. Heck, before Frozen came out, TLK was the benchmark for all other Disney films that followed! I actually really loved TLK II: Simba's Pride even though it got a mixed reception from others. I didn't enjoy TLK 1 1/2 as much, probably because I watch The Lion King for the characters who are literally lions, and that one was more focused on Timon & Pumbaa. I haven't seen Return of The Roar yet so I can't form an opinion on it. Did you know that The Lion King is getting a remake in 2019? It'll be similar in style to The Jungle Book remake. I'm... cautiously optimistic.

Actually I thought the third sequel of "Oceans Eleven" was better than the second film. But predictably neither were as good as the first. Which IMO was one of the very few remakes to be better than the original with the Ratpack.

Did you know that The Lion King is getting a remake in 2019? It'll be similar in style to The Jungle Book remake. I'm... cautiously optimistic.

Yep. On top of that, the guy who made the recent Jungle Book remake is doing it. Furthermore, he's keeping all the songs - which I'm curious about hearing, especially with who they get to actually sing them. In the Jungle Book remake, Scarlett Johansson sung a rather decent version of Kaa's "Trust in Me" that was both soothing yet haunting.

In regards to threequels, I'm not a fan of the Die Hard films - although apparently a lot of people have said the third film in that series is a good one.

hostel III!
it sucked so badly,i bought it brand new on DVD as well-not a late night ill eagle streaming jaunt on kodi,curse my love of gory films.

i think when films get to number 3,theyve ran out of ideas and often just go straight to DVD/TV,they suck.
i hope this wont be the case with the third final round of how to train your dragon when it eventually emerges as the 2nd one was a beauty, and itd be a shame to screw up the series but theres definitely a curse around the 3rd.

I hate all the Fast and Furious movies, and apparently they're doing Fast and Furious 8! To quote one of Nickelodeon's biggest stars of the 90's, WHYYYY?!

Sequels in general are rarely as good as the original. The writers tend to just recycle stuff from the original and it gets boring. A movie is popular- so they instantly see money, so sequels happen.

New Threads

Top Bottom