• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Thinking of buying some dumbbells.

Metalhead

Video game and movie addict.
V.I.P Member
Some home gym equipment that will not take up too much space would probably be a great thing for me.

I wish I had enough room for a full treadmill, but I do not.

Any other ideas of exercises and stretches I can do at home without breaking the bank or requiring equipment I have no space in my tiny house for?

I love kettlebell. When l broke my ankle, all l could do was kettlebell sitting down and l swear by Paul Katami- and his dvd ultimate kettlebell workouts for beginners. My arms were buff, and even my obliques were strong just doing this little workout. I had a cast on and couldn't hit gym for about 6 months.
He seems to be very popular in the workout zone. I like his energy too. He has a nice voice too. Lol

Last edited:
Some home gym equipment that will not take up too much space would probably be a great thing for me.

Any other ideas of exercises and stretches I can do at home without breaking the bank or requiring equipment I have no space in my tiny house for?
Pushups and crunches and half squats don't take any equipment at all. (Don't do deep squats. Bad for your knees.) There are chin-up bars that fit in doorways. (Get your biceps used to doing arm curls before you try chin-ups. Don't want to pull anything.) With a set of dumbbells and a sofa, you can exercise all your upper body. Start out with light weights and increase repetitions and/or weight as you grow stronger.

Creative use of chairs can make your pushups easier or more difficult. An exercise mat and a jogging pad are useful.

Don't need a treadmill. Buy an exercise step and use that. Start out slow and pick up speed and add increased repetitions over time. You can also jog in place. If you are really out of shape, that's a good way to get into good enough shape to start jogging distances. In basic, they'd have us run in place indoors for 20 minutes when it was considered unsafe to exercise outdoors.

There are all kinds of stretching routines on the internet. Stretching feels really good just by itself.

Last edited:
These are the only kind of dumbbells I have in my home, lol

COA_MG_Training-Dumbbells_694x572-3.png

762817_600x.jpg

You can look up full body workouts that don't use any equipment. This is a great idea. You will be hotter!

Bodyweight, yoga, pilates, stretches, resistance bands, hula hoops, bike trainers, freeweights, jump ropes, DDR, Wii / VR sports, manual folding treadmills, kettlebells, medicine balls, walking in place, etc.

Hula hoops are so much fun BTW, also if you've got a bike, you can get a cheap bike trainer that will turn it into an instant exercise bike without having to really shell out a whole lot more. My manual treadmill cost me about $100 and the power-walking sessions I can get out of it leave me drenched with sweat. Don't let $$ stop you either, because you can get a crazy workout with just yoga or bodyweight workouts. Youtube videos are free.

Resistance bands are pretty awesome, you can pick up a pack for less than $20 and do so much with them, plus they're supposedly better than using weight machines or anything like that. But, you can also find weight benches for less than $120 if you eyeball sales and go for the really cheap models. That's what I did, and I haven't had any issues yet.

Last edited:

Resistance bands are cheaper and more versatile. Great place to start if space is at a premium. You also won't damage the floor if you drop one.

You can do very good workouts with your own body weight. No need to buy stuff. Its called Calisthenics.

There are youtube channels and also Apps. A yoga mat is all you do need.

You can also search for "Home Exercices"

New Threads

Top Bottom