• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

things you want to do before you die

*Well, just walked on a glacier, which was amazing.

*There are a few celebrities I'd like to meet, but probably never will. I would particularly like to meet comedian/journalist/interviewer Andrew Denton.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Denton.
He is an extremely intelligent , funny man; and a very gifted interviewer who manages to get the best out of his subjects because his research is so thorough. He did an interview with Jennifer Lees https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joanne_Lees
and at a rare lighter part of the interview he mentioned her boyfriend's obsession with taking photos of buildings and Cranes. "You read my Book"!"' Smiling "I did" She had not mentioned it anywhere else, and no other interviewer had bothered to research to that degree.

* I'd like to get some more short stories (and poems) published.
* I'd like to paint more, and get better at it!
* I'd like to be respected as a person and not treated like a curious novelty or something beneath them.
*Have friends that last.
*Hike and camp out more.
*I would love to see the aurora/s
*I'd like to have a house where I don't have to deal with hoons and drunks going past, where the air is fresher.
*Win lotto, so I can quit my job where I'm treated like a curious novelty or something beneath them;hike, camp, see the auroras, get a house away from the rat race, paint, write, and have Andrew over for a barbie!

finish uni, get a masters and maybe even a PHD.
id like to travel more to many countries around the world.
id like to learn a musical instrument to a decent level.
id like to find someone really special who i can spend a lot of time with.
id like to get a fulfilling job that is simple and i enjoy.
id like to live in a simple economical way that barely affects the environment.

all in all pretty average ambitions but still probably to much to wish for.

01. Drive an open-wheel car
02. Visit Pripyat
03. Own a cat
04. Learn to play piano
05. Travel to North Korea
06. Being competitive in game
07. Being fluent in russian
08. Cooking something great
09. Befriend with a person sharing the same features
10. Publish my own video game
11. Live in the countryside, far from urban aggression
12. Hand shake with an important person (done)

ok, my last list was limited, so here goes....

Visit as many countries as I can... roller coaster hunting
Plane walk
Monkey trees day out
Hot air balloon
Have a girls weekend away
Go to a concert
A party in the park
Visit an opera
Have a pamper day
Go in a helicopter

I think that will cover it for now :)

*Become self sufficient and have a home 100% off grid.
*home on own private island(wishful thinking!)
*help and guide my daughter to blossom into a happy adult.
*world peace
*own a boat, vespa, Aston martin, original mini, BMW mini, range rover.
*tour America in a RV
*round the world cruise
*design and build own house
*own a woodland and have a treehouse, and an underground bunker hidden in woodland.
*change my name(something is stopping me)
*own and ride own horse.
*invent a brain switch to give it a rest.

And

*be free*be happy *be healthy.

Oh, THAT question, the "bucket list" question. Yeah, you all will hate my answer, everyone always does but here it is.

The only reason to hate your answer would be envy, a very destructive emotional response. It is far more healthy to feel joy for your success and achievement just as it is also right to feel compassion for another's suffering.

1. Get to a standard of programming that I feel comfortable showing my code to professionals.
2. Write my maths masters thesis on a topic relevant to the information security industry.
3. Get a job title which is clearly differentiable from accountant or salesman.
4. Witness my dad's constant rambling about his ideas to stop global warming go unmade(it's been decades already) while productive people prevent it themselves, thereby restoring my faith in humanity and finally freeinge from the endless existential depression I have been subjected to.
5. Settle in a house somewhere in Germany.
6. Find an incredible German friend who releases me from my worries over incorrect grammar which hamper my German speaking, and meet up regularly.
7. Give regular concerts from said house, on piano.
8. Manage to learn violin to an amateur extent so that I enjoy it without any of the depression and pondering which piano has brought to me.
9. Make peace with not being a composer or improviser.
10. Hire an ice rink for a party.
11. If that's not possible due to global warming sculpt one!(remember zambonis may not be allowed...)
12. Make shorter lists.

1: Visit North America
2: Visit the Neighbours set in Melbourne, Australia
3: Drive an automatic car
4: Get a Son called Harry and a Daughter called Alice (after my Grandparents, both my Grans were called Alice)
5: Win enough money on the UK National Lottery to get OFF benefits
6: Failing 5, get a well enough paid part time job to enable being on benefits to not be the be all and end all of my life
7: Marry a gorgeous, hot woman who will bare kids with a guy like me.
8: Get back in touch with my ex from school
9: In the unlikely event I achieve 4 and 7, move into a bigger Flat
10a: Get a 4K HDR TV 10b: Get an Xbox One X.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom