• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The War is Over! WE WON!!

UberScout

Please Don't Be Mad At Me 02/09/1996
V.I.P Member
It's over.

The war is finally over.

And we WON!

A year and a half, a birthday and a Christmas. MANY trials by fire. MANY tribulations. MANY long, LONG periods of strife and hardship. On many days, it seemed we would never get my sister back, or that she wouldn't come back until she was of age.

But my mother got some new resources that I can't disclose, and after a meeting today, she came back with the news that she would start weekend visits soon, and after three weekends, she's coming home!!

We won the war at long last!

And...

I seem to remember posting about not having my sister with me on here a long time ago, and someone had replied to me and explained "why" I wasn't able to have her. They then preceded to tell me, that there was nothing I could do, that effectively, I was powerless.

This led me to believe that this was a permanent situation.

HOW PERMANENT IS THIS?! I JUST GOT MY SISTER BACK!!

I eagerly await her return and I cannot wait for her to come back! I couldn't breathe when I heard the news!

I've never been so grateful...I'll never ask for anything petty again!!

Thank you all for your support throughout this long, long battle and thank you for being with me through these difficult times!!

It's a monumental victory for us! It's only a short wait but soon we'll have her back! And it would be an extra bonus as well if my cousin gets the cuffs and thrown down the river while they're at it, but I can take that or leave it. I'm just happy that we finally won the war.

There's still a court date, which I am not going to be involved in myself, because reasons. But we're still getting her back!

Not sure if anyone said that you would never get her back, but I did say that there was nothing you could do and that you should accept the possibility and probability of never getting her back. It was outside of your control, now maybe I was wrong and you did something that caused this change, but from what I've read it seems that it was some legal or other loophole that managed to checkmate the government crazies.

Congratulations either way. It's good to hear sometimes things do work out eventually.

Thank you Susan! Even though I wasn't involved in all of this, I feel like I helped out a lot, even if it wasn't my battle.

There's still my other sister, Hailey, but she's a totally different case. The battle for her is probably going to be drawn out a little more, but she's coming home too.

I'm so glad everything is working out Uber Scout. There are definitely ups and downs in life, that we all overcome and live through.

New Threads

Top Bottom