• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The sports thread

LgndKllr24

I figured it would be nice to have a thread dedicated to sports, so here it is. Anyway, the Super Bowl was here in the States tonight. I hope everybody that watched it enjoyed it as much as I did. I was really thinking that the Packers were going to run away with it early on, but Pittsburgh hung in there. I definitely think the Packers fans deserved this title, they are an extremely dedicated fan base that are very passionate about their team and city. Only thing that is disappointing is that this is the end of football season.

Continuing the discussion about the Canadian Football League, I was surprised to see that it only has eight teams, I really thought it had more than that. I was also surprised to find out that there was a CFL team actually right here in Las Vegas for one season. I didn't realize they had tried to do an expansion into the United States at one point.

I actually originally thought that there were maybe 10 or 12 teams, so I was surprised to see how few there really are. I have never really followed the CFL though, and I only knew of a few of the teams, including Toronto. When my family and I visited Toronto way back in 1994, we went to the Skydome and they had the football field down when we went there for a tour down on the field. Apparently the Argonauts were playing a game later that evening.

I am a lifelong Giants fan, my dad has been a fan of them for pretty much his whole life as well. It's been a bit disappointing the last few years because they have started off very well each year but then collapsed in the second half of the season. Eli Manning can be a great quarterback at times but then other times he can be really inconsistent. I wish he was able to handle being pressured better than he does. I'm hoping they get this collective bargaining agreement settled in time for the start of next year, because that would be terrible if there was a lockout.

New Threads

Top Bottom