• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The Sleep Thread. What Are Your Sleep Habits?

@Southern Discomfort I had a dream two nights ago that a guy I knew and didn't like was throwing knives at me! I never have dreams where the bad stuff actually happens. Usually when the bad stuff is about to happen I wake up before it. It's like my mind censors it out. I woke up and my heart was pounding like a jackhammer.

@Southern Discomfort I had a dream two nights ago that a guy I knew and didn't like was throwing knives at me! I never have dreams where the bad stuff actually happens. Usually when the bad stuff is about to happen I wake up before it. It's like my mind censors it out. I woke up and my heart was pounding like a jackhammer.
That made me remember the dream I had night before last - dreamed I was shot with a machine gun. I've been shot before in my dreams, but never so many times. :)

Genes are being found are what influence the circadian rhythm.
Accounting for why some people are Night Owls and Others are called Morning Larks.
Interesting read:
Gene explains why people are night owls

The circadian cycle can be longer each day than the average.
At the extreme end of this are those who can't seem to fall asleep before 2-3 am and don't wake up until
around noon. The article says that is OK unless it interferes with society cycles which can result in a constant jet lag on the body when we go to bed late and must get up early for work or appointmens.

This could explain @Misery why you go through the reset cycle changing daily until it loops back.

The best way I can describe any sleep patterns would be something similar to rolling shifts.

What happens for part of one week will change and then change again, and again and so on.

I can feel bright and breezy and full of beans after a 04.00 - midday sleep.
At the moment the above feels natural.

I’ve tried many times to change habits and get a more socially acceptable sleep pattern, I can end up awake, wired and tired for 36+ hours if I force it.
Not pleasant for anyone.

I've gotten into the habit of staying up way to late. usually until 4AM watching FGC(fighting game community) videos on my tablet.

I normally stay up after midnight, get up at 7 to go to work. Sleep in some on the weekends maybe till 10. I've been off lately due to the meds I'm on, I can't even make it to 10 half the time, been missing my SNL. Tonight I'm doing ok but it's my first day of cutting back the pills with doctors orders.

New Threads

Top Bottom