• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The school called...

SixTimesNine

while my wife and I were doing the parent interview portion of an autism evaluation for our 11-year-old daughter. She was freaking out because she wanted to read during math and was not paying attention. They took the book, she took it back, she cried in the hallway. They are getting concerned about her hygiene and self improvised haircuts.

That's perfect timing! The social worker can see right in front of her what it's like. Evaluation done!

Is there a question in there somewhere, SixTimesNine? I’m not sure what you’re asking or how you’d like us to respond to your post.

I think l did my own haircut once, truly believe she will grow out of this. My mom freaked, l watched her do my brother's hair, l wanted to try. My daughter, defintely a spectrum gift, we entered a big store, 5 years old, she runs up to little golfcart for older people and immedately zips off in it. I didn't scold her. She didn't crash into anything.

I think l did my own haircut once, truly believe she will grow out of this. My mom freaked, l watched her do my brother's hair, l wanted to try. My daughter, defintely a spectrum gift, we entered a big store, 5 years old, she runs up to little golfcart for older people and immedately zips off in it. I didn't scold her. She didn't crash into anything.

Either that, or she'll get skilled at cutting her own hair and only ever do her own haircuts.

I have a fear of hairdressers...due to having very long hair (past my butt at one point) that I carefully care for and having heard too many horror stories about hairstylists getting scissor happy and unwanted short hair cuts...plus I just am not crazy about the salon experience and would rather cut it myself when needed and the mood strikes me. As a result, I got GOOD at it.

I cut my hair once as a kid, had a huge bald spot which my mom covered up with a ponytail.

New Threads

Top Bottom