• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The Powered Model Thread

From some thing I had read some time ago the motors ended up at a very high state of tune, almost like hand granades.

A reed-valved Cox .049 can turn up to 14,000 rpm reliably on a 25% nitro fuel...I have full on rotary valve racing engines that exceed 30,000 rpm... 50% of their fuel is nitromethane mixed with 30% alcohol and the remaining 20% caster oil for two stroke lubrication and piston sealing on ringless engines...those are my grenades...

You might like a article i am about to put up on vintage pylon racers. I just have to resize it , I have just finished scanning it.

This the article. No drooling over his collection, The model has Gullivan heads on a flat head ultra rare.
P1.jpg
P2.jpg
P3.jpg
P4.jpg
P5.jpg
P7.jpg

20140529_094711.jpg
Today will bring us another Cox .049 special purpose endurance engine. This engine was purpose built by Cox to swing larger propellers at slower speeds to save fuel and was provided with extra cooling to do so.

20140529_094642.jpg
20140529_094711.jpg

Last edited:
me n ben @ main line.jpg

A small sampling of my models and engines @ Main Line with Ben and myself

Here is my excavator. I built it from a kit. If I knew what I was getting into since I found out it is an engineer's toy, it probably wouldn't be sitting in the corner of my bedroom staring at me. LOL

New Threads

Top Bottom