• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The Photoshop Battle Thread!

Slime_Punk

 Please erase
V.I.P Member
Alright, so I have a silly idea here if anyone wants to play (you don't even need photoshop, as there are free options!).

Here's the gist:

- Someone (anyone) takes a picture, generates an AI image or links a free-to-use stock photo
- Everybody uses an art program (see below) to either distort it, make it intentionally silly, or do whatever they want with it
- Nobody wins or loses, we just have a good time making art together and posting it here

All art programs will work, and if you don't have one, GIMP is free (and works on windows, linux, and mac). There are plenty of cheap ones on Steam (under $30-ish), and I'm always full of recommendations if you need help getting started on the cheap I linked a bunch below for easy program-hunting!

Here are a few free / cheaper options for things like PS that don't require a subscription:

- Photopea (basically just Photoshop in a browser) [100% Free]
- GIMP (as mentioned above, it's totally free, just a little janky) [100% Free]
- Affinity Photo
- Artipic
- Pixeluvo
- Paintshop
- Krita (for those who want to draw, trace, etc) [100% Free]
- Clip Studio ''
- OpenCanvas ''
- Blender (for 3D work, sculpting, etc) [100% Free]
- Processing (if you like building your own scripts) [100% Free]
- Python's Imaging Library (same as above) [100% Free]
- TouchDesigner (definitely more for the programmers here!) [Free tier with 1080p exports]

Still not convinced? Here's what you can gain (while supplies last):

- An open, miniature art community right here
- Daily challenges with your art, design or programming skills (level up!)
- Hopefully some good laughs along the way
- Encouragement to keep making awesome art!

And since I've been making lists today, here are some great resources for free-to-use images:

- Unsplash
- Pexels
- Pixabay
- Your own camera!

And, of course, to plant the seed, I will put something random here for us to start with (but feel free to bring your own!):

photo-1536048810607-3dc7f86981cb

Hope to see your awesome creations!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm good with the camera and I'm pretty good at using Gimp too but I'm not very artistic.

####.jpg
1070.jpg
0877.jpg

If anyone wants to use my script, feel free to make it do even cooler things! (DL this first)
Once downloaded, go to the upper right-hand side, download Python mode and drag this image into the window and copy the code snippet!

Python:
def setup():
    global img, sizemod

size(800, 800)
    img = loadImage("gf3b5ste.bmp") # File name goes here
    sizemod = 3

def draw():
    global img, sizemod

x = img.width
    y = img.height
    imageMode(CENTER)
    image(img, mouseX, mouseY, x/sizemod, y/sizemod)

def keyPressed():
    global sizemod

if key == 's':
        saveFrame("####.jpg")

if key == '[':
        if sizemod >1:
            sizemod -= 0.1

if key == ']':
        sizemod += 0.1

if key == 'f':
        filter(INVERT)

Last edited by a moderator:
Omg, this looks fun.
I will need to set aside a significant block of time to actually create something in Photoshop, but I will definitely try to contribute eventually.

Alright, so I have a silly idea here if anyone wants to play (you don't even need photoshop, as there are free options!).

Here's the gist:

- Someone (anyone) takes a picture, generates an AI image or links a free-to-use stock photo
- Everybody uses an art program (see below) to either distort it, make it intentionally silly, or do whatever they want with it
- Nobody wins or loses, we just have a good time making art together and posting it here

All art programs will work, and if you don't have one, GIMP is free (and works on windows, linux, and mac). There are plenty of cheap ones on Steam (under $30-ish), and I'm always full of recommendations if you need help getting started on the cheap I linked a bunch below for easy program-hunting!

Here are a few free / cheaper options for things like PS that don't require a subscription:

- Photopea (basically just Photoshop in a browser) [100% Free]
- GIMP (as mentioned above, it's totally free, just a little janky) [100% Free]
- Affinity Photo
- Artipic
- Pixeluvo
- Paintshop
- Krita (for those who want to draw, trace, etc) [100% Free]
- Clip Studio ''
- OpenCanvas ''
- Blender (for 3D work, sculpting, etc) [100% Free]
- Processing (if you like building your own scripts) [100% Free]
- Python's Imaging Library (same as above) [100% Free]
- TouchDesigner (definitely more for the programmers here!) [Free tier with 1080p exports]

Still not convinced? Here's what you can gain (while supplies last):

- An open, miniature art community right here
- Daily challenges with your art, design or programming skills (level up!)
- Hopefully some good laughs along the way
- Encouragement to keep making awesome art!

And since I've been making lists today, here are some great resources for free-to-use images:

- Unsplash
- Pexels
- Pixabay
- Your own camera!

And, of course, to plant the seed, I will put something random here for us to start with (but feel free to bring your own!):

photo-1536048810607-3dc7f86981cb

Hope to see your awesome creations!
Sometimes I like to shuffle pixels. Here are a few I did of my son.

Attachments

• berkong2b.jpg
    berkong2b.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 32
  • BerkRover.jpg
    BerkRover.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 34
  • Hammer.jpg
    Hammer.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 34
  • SHS Berkhan3.jpg
    SHS Berkhan3.jpg
    838.6 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
brontesaurussisters.jpg
The Bronte sisters are no more , say hello to the Brontosaurus sisters

Edit: For the more observant members I know it's a "Diamantinasaurus matildae" but I liked the head better

Last edited:
See! Everyone has an inner Bob lol

View attachment 110607

Okay so, I tried to combine this with one of my fractals, which is a thing Midjourney can do, and the results, well...

WhateverThisIs.jpg

That... that is not what I expected to happen.

Though, maybe the sheer weirdness factor makes at least some sense when I consider what specific fractal I merged it with, which is this:

nope_by_scrapfractals_dek8hxc.jpg

And yes, that's a fractal. A mandelbulb. It's not the only "horrible meat face" I've made, either. Exactly how I got a horrible meat face out of a freaking fractal is unknown, I did this months ago.

Still, I don't know where in the world that freaky guy came from. I didn't tell MJ to add anything at all, I merely gave it the two images.

On a lighter note, I also got this one out of it:

bob.jpg

That wasnt involving a fractal, I tried combining it with a box of cereal.

I'll try some non-AI alterations a bit later, I did these like immediately before lunch just to see what'd happen and the results were just too entertaining to not post.

Okay so, I tried to combine this with one of my fractals, which is a thing Midjourney can do, and the results, well...

View attachment 110629

That... that is not what I expected to happen.

Though, maybe the sheer weirdness factor makes at least some sense when I consider what specific fractal I merged it with, which is this:

View attachment 110630

And yes, that's a fractal. A mandelbulb. It's not the only "horrible meat face" I've made, either. Exactly how I got a horrible meat face out of a freaking fractal is unknown, I did this months ago.

Still, I don't know where in the world that freaky guy came from. I didn't tell MJ to add anything at all, I merely gave it the two images.

On a lighter note, I also got this one out of it:

View attachment 110631

That wasnt involving a fractal, I tried combining it with a box of cereal.

I'll try some non-AI alterations a bit later, I did these like immediately before lunch just to see what'd happen and the results were just too entertaining to not post.
I decided to photoshop your MJ work as it I thought it looked a little Walter White lol

painting badbr.jpg

chris-karidis-3GWLv30smng-unsplash.jpg
michael-dam-mEZ3PoFGs_k-unsplash.jpg
Gremlin.jpg

I'm a bit rusty with affinity right now but I played into the fringing to see if I could make something ridiculous instead, lol

New Threads

Top Bottom