• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

the new undateables series is starting monday,anyone else like it?

No, it was Sam the psychologist with dwarfism. She was the extreme sports fan who took her date skydiving. I've not been able to find out how she died, reports just say she died suddenly and unexpectedly so I'm assuming it wasn't a known illness or anything. Sad all the same.

And unless I'm mistaken, I think it was both Alex's and Eloise's first dates ever, or in a few years. I guess they both kind of got carried away by getting along with each other and only seeing each other once or twice a month, they both seemed confused about what the relationship was until he wanted to take it further.
i cant remember sam,ill have to look her story up,but i agree on eloise and alex i think they were both vulnerable in the relationship,it was awful when alex said he loved her and she suddenly switched on him, she does have problems regulating her emotions so alex saying he loved her must have triggered feelings in her that made her extremely uncomfortable.
but this is the problem with the fitzroy dating agency;they put two people with the same condition together and expect them to relate and get on just because they have the same label,i dont think eloise is ready for a boyfriend she should start out with having male friends first and getting to know how they act and think.

This was Sam.
08fa171d-0089-4751-bb6e-4ed04012d65e.jpg

This was Sam.
08fa171d-0089-4751-bb6e-4ed04012d65e.jpg
ah thankyou sylar! i mustnt have watched the first series as i cant recall her,but i will be doing a bit of e-digging around.

its a bit similar to the autism documentary they showed on BBC3 with three or four aspie guys on- did you ever get to watch that sylar? i cant remember the name of it.

you get to like some of them and its shocking to hear when one of them dies, especially when you think they were going to go far.

the soppiest,nicest guy on it who just wanted a girlfriend,alex i think he was called died last year of an epileptic fit,they edited the documentary and reshowed it last year to say he had died,he had a lovely supportive mother as well who understood his autism,not many aspies/auties do.

She was in series 2, episode 2.

I can't say I've seen that BBC documentary, I know there was one on tv recently, or maybe on Netflix about a 4 piece aspie comedy troupe recording their final shows before breaking up.

She was in series 2, episode 2.

I can't say I've seen that BBC documentary, I know there was one on tv recently, or maybe on Netflix about a 4 piece aspie comedy troupe recording their final shows before breaking up.
ill find it out for you.
BBC Three - The Autistic Me
unfortunately it says its not available on iplayer which is annoying and probably hard to get on torrent,worth a watch if you can get it though.

excellent,id love to watch that netflix doc,i shall get on my dads account forthwith.

The guy with Asperger's on the last episode, James, my parents saw a lot of my cousin in him. His face and his body, the jokes he makes, the way he talks. The difference is that he has brown hair whilst my cousin has blond hair. My cousin also doesn't have a South African accent.

Did you see when that guy declared his love to the girl called Eloise? Poor kid almost literally ran a mile!

Don't get me wrong it was good that the lad put his heart on the line they way he did, but Eloise is Autistic, with due respect to her she has poor understanding of social norms as it is without that kind of pressure.

I saw quite a few comments on Eloise on social media but I didn't watch that one. I don't watching this programme religiously. As much as I am interested in hear the stories of fellow autistics.

There seems to be a bit of a southern bias to the Undateables. No-one from Scotland has appeared on the show yet (IIRC), but there's been quite a preponderance of people living on the south coast, especially among those who've featured in the follow-ups - Shaine in Bournemouth, Daniel in Brighton etc.

On the subject of the follow-ups, I can only recall two female participants who've featured in them - Carolyne the wheelchair user in series 1 (now mum to a little boy) and Kate the Down syndromer in series 2 (who was hoping for a marriage proposal on her first relationship anniversary and had to settle for a One Direction album instead).

Last edited:
There seems to be a bit of a southern bias to the Undateables. No-one from Scotland has appeared on the show yet (IIRC), but there's been quite a preponderance of people living on the south coast, especially among those who've featured in the follow-ups - Shaine in Bournemouth, Daniel in Brighton etc.

On the subject of the follow-ups, I can only recall two female participants who've featured in them - Carolyne the wheelchair user in series 1 (now mum to a little boy) and Kate the Down syndromer in series 2 (who was hoping for a marriage proposal on her first relationship anniversary and had to settle for a One Direction album instead).

There was a girl from Lincolnshire on this week, that's about as far North as I've seen so far.

Correction - it was a One Direction diary (according to a discussion thread on Digital Spy).

There was a girl from Lincolnshire on this week, that's about as far North as I've seen so far.
Steve with Crouzon syndrome was living in Sunderland when he first appeared, so that must make him the most northerly participant.
Series 2 episode 2: Sam, Ray and Steve
He later moved down south to Manchester.
Series 4 episode 5: Two Weddings and a Baby
Still no-one from Scotland so far...

New Threads

Top Bottom