• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The Merry Christmas Thread.

Best wishes for the holidays everyone, whether that's Christmas, Hanukkah, Saturnalia, or any other festivities you may choose to (or not) observe.

20221213_205400.jpg

When I was out and about today, I found this really neato music player in a second hand store.
mm1.jpg

mm2.jpg

The Magical Maestro Mouse was made and distributed by Mr. Christmas years ago.
From what I understand, they were quite pricey too.
When you turn it on, the mouse turns it's head and greets you then it asks what you want to hear him play.
The selection is done by placing the music on his holder.
The sheet music is encoded with info so he knows what you have selected and then tells you that it is an excellent choice before he plays it on the piano.
If you don't change the sheet music, he will actually begin playing all of the music in his catalog.
I think it was a great find, and better yet, I got him for $5.

This was an excellent addition to my Mr. Christmas Santa's Marching Band mouse bell ringing tree ornaments I got a few years ago.

This is sort of quiet, so you might need to turn it up.

Little by little, I'm regaining control of the monster I call my museum.
clock curio.jpg

The clock curio cabinet will pass muster, but the other cabinet needs a revamp.
It got turned into a holding pattern for some of my "stuff" during a major display rotation sequence brought on by a potential visit by the chubby jolly chunker dude in the red suit that drives that hotrod sleigh and gives all his stuff away each year.
When I finally sit on his lap to put my order in, I'm gonna ask for some of what Rudolph is on man, cuz that stuff makes his nose light up like a road flare.
I can't imagine what it does to his head either, but I have seen him fly high above the house tops, so it must be uber good.

Anywho, the clock curio does have the obligatory holiday spirit pick 'em up truck a- haulin' a likely heisted Christmas tree :innocent:

I believe I'm done with all of this, as in finis, or however those French peeps say it.
20221218_211015.jpg

A lot of the clock display are my oldschool tire shop advertising tire ciggiebutt ashtrays.

In front of the platform to the right is a Wizard of Oz trivia game in a tin and the Jeff Gordon NASCAR has the Oz paint scheme :p

It's all about the flow when creating art, even if it's bad art like mine :p

Ok, here's a better play by play on my clock display:
(a bunch of play on words there)
20221218_165959.jpg

USA bicentennial display^
The BFG ashtray is a 1976 issue
The eagle is a vintage cast aluminum item
The pewter tray is a bicentennial one.
(I remember what a big deal it was at the time, I even had a 1975 Chevy Impala Spirit of '76 version for a while)
The '65 Chevy Impala(one of my all time favorite hoopties) is resting on a Pennsylvania brand tire
And The can coolie is from The Stone Pony in Asbury Park, New Jersey (Bruce Springsteen, one of my favorite recording artists has played there)
(Greetings from Asbury Park, N.J. is the debut studio album by American singer-songwriter Bruce Springsteen)
20221218_170003.jpg

In the rear we have a HJ Heinz delivery truck. (Heinz was originally based out of Pittsburgh)
I remember using the alleyway behind the plant to cut about ten minutes of my ride to work because Rt.28 was often a parking lot in the morning)
(I lived about 7 minutes from there when there was no traffic but some days it took about a half an hour to get there)
The other truck is a Carnation canned milk truck.
(my late uncle worked for them)
The tires are Goodyear, Firestone and another Pennsylvania that the '34 Ford is resting on.
20221218_170008.jpg

M&M peanut are a favorite candy of mine
(Two more of those confounded tires again)
20221218_170017.jpg

The M&M NASCAR pit crew
(it is actually an animated dispenser that drops M&Ms into the tray when you close the hood)
Behind it is a Goodyear tire and a NASCAR racing slick
20221218_170022.jpg

This is the beginnings of my tribute to my friend the late John Brodak.
John was one of those outstanding and special individuals you meet along the path of life. He was instrumental in renewing my interest in U-controlled model aviation.
John had a model airplane factory and a hobby shop and a museum dedicated to our sport.
John set out to buy every defunct model aircraft company as he possibly could to gain the rights to all of the design work.
From there, each kit in his vast array was reproduced, not in worn out crappy die-cut wood, but by laser so they were nearly perfect right out of the box.
The commemorative hat, notepad and laser engraved balsawood button were handed out on the grand opening of the museum.
The newspaper article was about what we had first thought was the last AMA sanctioned fly-in on John and his widow Buzz's property.
At the memorial at the fly-in last summer, Buzz told us it would continue as long as her health would allow it.
I had the honor of becoming the last member to join John's Flying Circus U-controlled flight club, so all of his legacy was topped off by knowing that.
His legacy lives on as a family member took on the role of the new owner of the factory and the hobby shop.
Brodak's name if known worldwide in the U-controlled flight circuit for his achievements in AMA competition, the factory and his fly-ins held on his property.
My Brodak P-40 B kit in my yard:
Brodak P-40B.jpg

In the future, the stuff on this shelf will be a part of a much bigger display highlighting my interest in the vintage side of our hobby.
Just a small part of my Jim Walker American Junior Aircraft collection:
33581_c0320fa6e2db550216d54a038b2ece48 (1).jpg

(the American Junior airplane in the image is the same build featured in Walker's 1940 patent drawings for u-controlled flight)

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom