• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The Governess: 'Asperger's helps me win'

AGXStarseed

(Not written by me)

The formidable British chaser reveals the diagnosis that helped make her a household name.

thechaselandscape_1b35pcc-1b35pcu.jpg

Anne Hegerty, aka The Governess. Photo: James Pipino.
As one of the Chasers on Channel Seven’s hit game show The Chase Australia, she cuts a formidable figure, reducing contestants to quivering wrecks with her unflappable demeanour and infamous ‘death glare’. But in real life, Anne Hegerty, aka The Governess, is different. ‘I’m a lot nicer, for a start!’ she laughs.

Putting her quizzing brilliance down to a ‘curious and sticky sort of mind’ and a love of memorising facts, Anne reveals a diagnosis of Asperger’s syndrome 10 years ago has a lot to do with her ability to retain facts.

‘I started getting suspicious about 10 years ago,’ she says. ‘I discovered there’s a whole world of symptoms that have nothing in common except they’re all part of Asperger’s – and they’re all things I do or did as a child. I looked at the list and thought: “This can’t be a coincidence.”’

Anne admits her high profile has meant people can sometimes overstep the mark.

'[Some] people don’t understand the boundaries,’ she says.

‘You might be being friendly to a fan, and they get the wrong message. That can get really awkward.'

SOURCE: https://au.lifestyle.yahoo.com/new-idea/a/29952071/the-governess-aspergers-helps-me-win-new-idea/

New Threads

Top Bottom