• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The Game of thrones thread

Littlefinger

Why not creat a Game of thrones thread, here we discuss the TV show Game of thrones and the books,

What has happened?

Discuss episodes

what happen' to Benjen Stark?

is R + L = J possible?

Spoilers may occur

I love Game of Thrones, and the novels they are based on. Well, except for "A Feast For Crows." That book was painfully slow and overwrought with sulfurous detail.

Who are R, L, and J?

Who are R, L, and J?

R + L = J is the fan theory that Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark are Jon Snow's actual parents. It's very well supported by subtle clues in the books, to the point where most already accept it as canon.

R + L = J is the fan theory that Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark are Jon Snow's actual parents. It's very well supported by subtle clues in the books, to the point where most already accept it as canon.
Interesting...
I guess you can tell I don't go on GoT forums.

Also; was not the last episode fantastic? Never have I seen such spectacle in a television series.

Oh yeah, it was pretty incredible. I was already pretty happy about the first half; two characters who I've really wanted to see interact with each other finally meet up. Then the second half came along and just completely blew me away.

I am lurvvving GOT, so good. I usually wait for a season to finish so I can watch them back to back at my leisure but not with GOT. I can't wait for each episode to become available and watch each one greedily, always hungry for more. The movie industry must be very concerned about it's future with television able to offer this quality entertainment now. I have even put off reading the books so as not to spoil my delight in the show.

Well, the finally of Hard Home didn't even happen in the books, so it would have taken you by surprise anyway. I understand that with this season we will only see them deviate more from the source material, especially since they are quickly running out.

Oh, it's deviating from the books. I assumed the books must have led to a crescendo of a unified humanity struggling to overcome the might and weight of the dead n the white walkers.
I can't wait to see more of Arya and Brans stories unfold

I have a feeling the show and the books are going to have completely different endings. I wouldn't be shocked if the show ends with Jon Snow as king (because he's Azor Ahai, of course :p) and the books end with the Night King sitting on the throne and everyone as zombies.

Who are R, L, and J?

This explains it pretty well.

Apparently, there is dinosaurs in the land of Game of Thrones... and some characters that have died in the show will see the end of the book series.

I'm actually happy to see GRRM is also not satisfied with how the show has turned out the last season. As a producer, he might be able to get it on track again. We'll just have to wait and see.

Honestly, I hope the show continues to stray from the source, even if the changes are not for the better. It's pretty much guaranteed that it will finish before the books do. I started this series 12 years ago, and I won't be terribly happy about it being spoiled by a TV show after all that time.

I watched 4 seasons of the show, decided I needed to read the books, read the books, then waited till the 5th Season and noticed all the changes. Too bad my boyfriend at the time complained about me pointing them out >-< But I'm not with him anymore, so I can say whatever I like about it. I don't even complain about the changes, I just like pointing them out. Though I am SLIGHTLY disappointed that quite a few characters died who aren't dead in the books yet.

One good thing about the changes is that it doesn't completely spoil the future books. I mean, when I was reading the books, since I'd watched up to season 4 first, I was like "When are they going to get to this bit?" Which is why I tend to read the books before I watch adaptations these days if possible, unless I have no intention of ever reading the books they're based on. So when the next book comes out, being like "When is this bit going to happen?" is a lot less likely if most of it is completely different.

I like Game Of Thrones, and enjoy meeting others who do also. It's been quite fun watching how books and TV pursue different story lines and values. It's also been amusing watching such a detailed "what if" of French medieval history.

I won't spoil it for you, though. :)

I have a feeling the show and the books are going to have completely different endings. I wouldn't be shocked if the show ends with Jon Snow as king (because he's Azor Ahai, of course :p) and the books end with the Night King sitting on the throne and everyone as zombies.

This explains it pretty well.
if martin has planed the ending that the night king sitting on the throne, why was this so important for him? this was 2006 https://youtu.be/VLQeyhiaDj8?t=236

Why would Jon Snows mother be so relevant for Martin?

tumblr_npzn7npzhw1srvzfko1_500.gif
tumblr_na28tfO0tS1s93us5o1_500.gif
tumblr_ns5eupmd9Y1u4tjqso1_500.gif

I thought season six was tremendous. It seems fairly obvious how it's going to play out like now but I'm hoping from a more twists and winds before the journey is over.

New Threads

Top Bottom