• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The Five Types of Aspergers

I have a mixture:

1. Sluggish 45% - I have ridiculously heightened senses these days. At times makes me absolutely miserable but can also be a part of the joy that keeps me going. Also, I was diagnosed with schizophrenia for a year before aspergers. I got held back in Pre-K because I couldn't color in the lines well but later skipped 1st grade because I did better math than the teachers.

2. Impulsive 35% - I try to tone this one down. This one, as is obvious, would come with the most repercussions of the five types. I'm definitely loud and impulsive at times, almost a braggart.

3. Being on the spectrum, I can use methodical, studious, and masked techniques to help me further my goals, such as my keyboarding. For example, if I were to be sluggish and/or impulsive while playing, without first being studious and also being methodical, it can be a pretty big fail.

My post is a little disjointed, but it's early here.

The description of "impulsive" made me laugh out loud, and I'm pretty sure that's me to a T.

I have attributes of all of them.

Sluggish seems to fit me best, then maybe the masked.
I actually like that this person can see that there are different ways to exhibit ASD, while most expect ABC, this author is pointing out it's more than that, it's a spectrum.

I think I am the combination of masked, studious and sluggish but I think you can’t categorise people into just 5 groups even if you are on the spectrum since everyone has their own traits.

I am clearly centred in the impulsive bit with some bits and pieces from the others when I've slept awkwardly
Especially since I find impossible to talk to people about things I'm not interested in
It's not that I don't know how to technically it's just that my mind goes off to hunt stags or whatever.

Think you have some comedic skills, have you thought about doing standup comedy, l like your *take* on things.

I don't think I'd be good at stand-up. It would be scary having to try and make a whole audience laugh. And too many people these days have no sense of humor and are too easily triggered. I could mention food and someone will start flipping out because they have an eating disorder. Give me a break...

Not any of these much at all. I feel like I have definitely found “my people” on the forum, but still no one who is more or less like me.

I have this Sluggish Mask(ed) to hide my Impulsive Id by being Studious and Methodical.

If I go off this list, I'd say I'm sluggish to make. By observing my own behaviors, I've worked on the socially less acceptable ones. Wish I could get people to understand making, as well as as an aspies, we don't fit into a mold of what people perceive to be as Autism

Just how they made "Patrick Bateman" a subtype of Asperger's.

95% of the time I am stereotypically Studious, the rest of the time I'm Impulsive.

Now excuse me, I have to return some videotapes.

Okay, l would like to buy a vowel. Nevermind. I would like to buy a little bit of all of them. I feel like bits and pieces fall in all the boxes listed. It reminds me of that song. Some days l feel like a nut, some days l don't. Almond Joy yadda yadda.

As a kid, I probably fell under the “studious” classification. Around the same time I started junior high (a little before), I switched to “sluggish,” though still had some “studious” in there as well (actually, “depressed” is a better fit, but that isn’t an option). By the time I reached college, I had all but completely lost my stereotypical Aspie memory and was fully converted to “sluggish,” where I have remained ever since.

I think I'm somewhat of a combination of "methodical" and "masked." I definitely have strong traits of both.

As to the OP, A fun breakdown taken in fun:

Mostly a Good Actress. You should see me when we're at a social luncheon and I am off-script & I screw up. It is hilarious & embarrassing & usually earns me a reprimanding look from my spouse.

Sometimes Methodical. I am much too intense for most people's tastes; I make short & to the point replies; and, while I wouldn't say I'm a 'wry conversationalist', I have been most recently told I have a wicked sense of humor. (I'm astounded. Someone who 'gets' me!)

Stealthy? On occasion--especially when trying to self-report under stress. Studious? While I won't speak for myself, I complement this type very well. Impulsive? I can manage 'impulsive' all day long & somehow it doesn't irritate me. Pretty sure I have a family member here.

New Threads

Top Bottom