• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Thai food poll!

Thai food?

• Noodles!

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Curries!

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • I love it all!

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • It’s alright.

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • I don’t like Thai food.

• Super hot.

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Medium heat.

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Mild/no heat.

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Thai Iced Tea is bomb!

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Who came up with this poll, anyway?

• Total voters
I love pad Thai and a new Thai restaurant opened up near where I live. I tried their pad Thai and while it wasn’t bad it also wasn’t very good either. It was sort of mediocre. I ordered it to be mild but there wasn’t the pronounced flavor that it should have had and it sort of tasted more oily and a bit pan burnt. I will try something else next time, most likely the eggplant as I like eggplant but have no idea how to prepare it. They also have some curries which I would not mind trying out either.

You know you eaten at too many Thai places when you grade them on the main Thai staples. My fav is Thai basil noodles and the chef brought it out, and told me the Royal Thai basil is difficult to get. Couple of months back, we did two people and 3,000 dishes okay, maybe just soups, entrees, dessert, and Thai beer, and coffee, and it was 45 dollars. Now l am thinking it's going be 150 dollars with all the shortages. Lol.

Last edited:
I haven't tried any Thai food, can't remember seeing that here. I have eaten noodles but that's just thin spaghetti. Doesn't have a taste.

In April I had cooking lessons for Tom Kha Gai, Pad Thai, Spicy Shrimp Salad, and Pa Neng curry (made from scratch). I also had the pleasure to try the deluxe Pad Thai at Thip Sammai where the dish was popularized. Instead of mixing in the egg, the noodles came entirely wrapped in a paper thin layer of egg. In one place that was bringing the traditional into some modern dishes I had a meal of stuffed hot green chilis in Pa Neng curry with a dessert of rice flour gnocci in coconut creme. Superb The only jarring note at that meal was that I was seated across from a young couple where the guy had his nose buried in his phone and not paying attention to the very beautiful woman across the table from him. I felt like going over and telling him to wake up! teun dai laew.

New Threads

Top Bottom