• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Technology is irritating

With Linux Mint you simply turn on your printer and Linux does the rest automatically. :cool:

Update: Not quite. Yeah- irritating. :(

Recently with Linux Mint 21.0, I discovered that it won't allow me to install a working inkjet printer (HP Envy 5530) using a USB port. Had no problem with it immediately hooking up to wireless, but oddly enough it doesn't like USB. Of course I did all the deductive diagnostics to rule out any question of the integrity of any of my USB2.0 and 3.0 ports.

All very frustrating given that there are no issues with my HP laser printer that also uses a USB port. And with Linux Mint 20.3 it has no such issues period. Go figure!

I'm hoping with future update perhaps this issue will be remedied. I normally use Ethernet and otherwise have no reason to use wireless, which remains congested with too many neighbors where I live. I may try to hook up my inkjet printer to the one USB port on my router, just to see if it makes any difference.

A case where Linux Mint 20.3 remains just a tad more stable than Linux Mint 21.0 presently. It's looking that as 20.3 is supported to 2025, I just may hang onto it longer than I intended given version 21.0 came out.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom