• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

TB Test

krisi

In the US, in order to work in a school setting, one must first receive a TB test. For anyone who is not familiar with what this is, someone takes a small needle and injects a fluid just underneath your skin, and it makes it bubble up for a day or so, turn red, and fade away if it is negative. If it is positive, it creates a small rash on your arm.

I can handle getting injections, I can handle strep swabs (I've had so many of them!). I don't mind needles most of the time, really! However, the little bubble up under the skin that happens after the TB test is almost unbearable for me. It doesn't really itch, but it does! It doesn't really hurt, but somehow it still does. Usually, when I get injections, I sit down, close my eyes, and think of something else, and it's over. Today, however, when I was about to receive the TB test, I kept pulling my arm away and nearly had a panic attack. After a few tries, I had to ask the nurse to give me a moment to calm down before I finally let her do it, and then she covered it up with my sleeve for me right after she was done. I've had a TB test before, and I knew what to expect, but I think that just made it worse.

The bubble has gone down now, and it is barely even the faintest shade of pink anymore, so I'm quite sure that it is negative, but I can still "feel" the fluid bubbling under my skin. Oh well, at least that's over until next year....

I had a TB test and it was painless. As long as they dont hit any nerves or blood vessels, it will be painless. (I tested negative.) It was done in the mental hospital, but it was completely voluntary. I never had any pain or rash or swelling or anything after. So I donèt have TB, I guess.

AAARGH! Who changed my keyboard settings to the French keyboard setting? It doesnt make sense; I never changed anything. Could it be something off the internet that installed itself in my computerÉ

French such as in 'son of a beech?' (A friend of mine used to say this a lot.)

I don't quite understand what TB is. I can be profoundly touched by a syringe though. It used to be the mixed sensation of utter unease/fear and outwitting death itself.

TB is nasty. The guy in the apartment next door has it. He walks all hunched over, his bones stick out, and he literally looks like a very unhealthy 80 year old who has had a hard life (he is in his late 30s). It scares me that he is deteriorating gradually over the past 2 or 3 years, so it must be one of those superbug strains. If he gets in the lift with me I get out. I don't answer the door when he knocks.

New Threads

Top Bottom