• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Taking a compliment... A photo essay

Sherlock77

V.I.P Member
Last spring I created a photo essay for a camera club competition, with some rather unorthodox material, for any of you who are into slam poetry...

It was first shown at our club banquet in June where it took third place, very few people attended...

Tonight for the first actual live club meeting in two years, they showed the top three photo essays again, had lots of compliments again as I did back in June... One guy in particular said he loved it, he's a photographer who I sometimes view as my nemesis sometimes, simply because his fine art photography (that is almost perfect) kicks butt on mine and constantly wins award and trophies... I did say "thank you" couched between explanations of what I was doing, because I feel a need to explain myself? :rolleyes:

Alright here it is, see what you think, and why do I apologize so much? I suppose because I don't feel accomplished, but enough of that... :cool:

Anyone could do it
As someone who teaches photography on and off I guarantee you that 99% of people would not get quality results like that. Cameras on auto will not handle the scene properly and very few know how to cope with that kind of high-contrast yet low-lighting.

As someone who teaches photography on and off I guarantee you that 99% of people would not get quality results like that. Cameras on auto will not handle the scene properly and very few know how to cope with that kind of high-contrast yet low-lighting.
I always used spot metering for shows like that... This was all with no flash

New Threads

Top Bottom