• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Switching insurance transfer of care

Joanna Alvarado

Hello everyone,
I am excited to be apart of this community. My son is 4 years old and was diagnosed with autism at 2. He receives many therapy services through insurance. We are going to switch insurance in January, but I wanted to know if there is anyway he can continue to get the same service providers. We are switching from kaiser to blue shield. Is there anyway he can get a transfer of care without any disruption to services. We recently started ABA back in the home again and he also receives other services. I just don’t want his services to be impacted, especially since there was a disruption during COVID 19. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi, Joanna! I recommend you direct specific questions to both of the insurance companies about the transfer, availability and continuity of services. You could read the policies to find the answers but even attorneys don't want to read them so I understand why you wouldn't, either.

My nephew was diagnosed at age 2 as well. He's now 29 years old and doing well although I wish there were better adult autistic services where we live.

New Threads

Top Bottom