• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

sup

skate1995

Hello everyone, my name is Chris and i am 19 years old. I am a shy person. I have been diagnosed 2 years ago with paranoid schizophrenia. But now i am starting to think i might have asperger's syndrome. When i am at home, i am more relaxed. Sometimes its hard for me to make eye contact when i talk to people. I get a lot of anxiety when i go out and its hard for me to make friends and socialize. I start to notice that i tend to zone out a lot when someone is talking to me. Sometimes i disorganize my speech when i am talking to someone. When i really want to say something sometimes i start to say it differently and it didn't come out as right. Sometimes i am sensitive to sound but it just really depends if i like the music or not. Also when someone stares at me and if i try to stare at them it feels awkward unless they talk or i talk. What are your thoughts on this? Do you think i have asperger's syndrome? Should i see a doctor to get examined again?

Other than that, everything else is ok i guess.. I like all types of music(rap,hip hop,rock,metal,dub step,drum and bass). I like really cool art. I like to watch movies, tv shows, anime, news, sports(NBA and Boxing). I am obsessed with 3 things: 1. Shaving.. I have to shave all the time like almost everyday because i am self conscious of my looks. 2. Cologne. I like to smell good all the time :).. 3. I am obsessed with this game called Soldier Front and Counter-Strike: Source, I get really into it.. I am very passionate about skateboarding(I have been skateboarding since i was 9 years old). I only have one video of me skating awhile back so ill post it on here :) I want to try new things like digital photography, cinematic techniques, compose music, and write songs for people.

Hi Chris, welcome to the world of AC.

Make yourself comfortable and enjoy the ride, don't forget to check out our excellent resource section.

Hey Chris!
I think it's natural for people to question things that they are diagnosed with from time to time- particularly if they received a diagnosis as a child or teenager and things in their lives start to change.

My advice would be to maybe get to know some people here, see if your experiences seem similar or if you can relate but also what kind of input they can offer.

Ultimately if you feel the diagnosis you currently have doesn't accurately account for the things you experience it would be worthy of further investigation regardless of what may be going on. To aid in this, it would be good if you have an established relationship with a counselor, therapist or other professional so they can help differentiate between some of the overlapping symptoms.

I think this is a pretty great group of people and I bet it'll help you figure some things out for yourself so you can decide whether or not to pursue reevaluation.

Nice to meet you :]

Laz

Hey Chris!
I think it's natural for people to question things that they are diagnosed with from time to time- particularly if they received a diagnosis as a child or teenager and things in their lives start to change.

My advice would be to maybe get to know some people here, see if your experiences seem similar or if you can relate but also what kind of input they can offer.

Ultimately if you feel the diagnosis you currently have doesn't accurately account for the things you experience it would be worthy of further investigation regardless of what may be going on. To aid in this, it would be good if you have an established relationship with a counselor, therapist or other professional so they can help differentiate between some of the overlapping symptoms.

I think this is a pretty great group of people and I bet it'll help you figure some things out for yourself so you can decide whether or not to pursue reevaluation.

Nice to meet you :]

Laz
nice to meet you too laz :) Yes i agree with you, and thanks for the advice i will try that :) I also wonder if my psychiatrist diagnosed me the wrong way but it doesnt hurt to go back. I used to see a counselor and a therapist but i moved to a new location far away from them so i will have to find another one

another thing about me, i know this is random but i like to keep my room clean and organized at all times

Hey Skate, its a greeting in Tamarian. I'm a bit of a Trek head and science geek.

Live long and prosper !!

I can't give you a diagnosis or tell you whether to seek another one, but know that you are welcome here! :)

wyv

Welcome to AC.

If you want to know more about Aspergers, and whether you fit, I highly recommend Tony Attwood's 'The complete Guide to Aspergers'.

As an aside, shaving once a day is not obsessive. Even twice a day is ok if you have fast growing dark hair and are going out for the night. Three times a day might be obsessive.

New Threads

Top Bottom