• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Successful failure

velociraptor

V.I.P Member
I ran into a pair of fawns on the walk back from shooting a sunset at a local park. It was after dark and the animals were constantly moving. I took over 100 shots and every single one was blurry. I only had one that I sort of like:

I was trying to track the animal with my lens as it moved to keep part of it in focus. The result is sort of Impressionist. Sometimes you win, sometimes you don't. I got to see some beautiful wildlife up close, so the evening was a success for me.

That one worked. Seemed you caught all the motion evenly in the same frame. Nice. :cool:

When I think of such issues I always think of this one. Definitely a failure in every way except being in the right place at the right time. Too bad....should have worried more about the shutter speed than the light factors. I so wanted this shot to come out right...but in a hurry I just treated it like a snapshot.

dogfight.jpg

You caught a perfect moment that will bring you happiness time and again in the future. Sometimes technical perfection is the least important part of an image. I love what you captured.

You caught a perfect moment that will bring you happiness time and again in the future. Sometimes technical perfection is the least important part of an image. I love what you captured.
Thanks. Truth is the dog on the left has been gone for three years. The one on the right....well she's dying. Probably won't make it to Christmas. They're my cousin's dogs and she dearly loves them.

This is a byproduct of a photo manipulation that started to go wrong and ended up being the actual art in the end.
zlata.jpg

Zlata is an extremely flexible contortionist that I was using as my subject matter for an art project I was working on.
My original intent was to superimpose her against a brick wall background in Photoshop.
Red was chosen for a mask that ultimately ended up being reflected in the shiny black latex.
I think it added to it.

The project took a wrong turn early on where the brick background appeared on one of her arms.

In my honest opinion, the errors actually enhanced the finished product, so after a few crops and 27 takes, I arrived at what you see today.

Sometimes its nice to put the camera away and look at the world around you. Getting caught up on having to take a photo or capture the moment can often prevent you from truly taking in what's occurring. But I get it though - sometimes I see something and wish I had my camera. And again - taking lots of photos, going through them all and not being content with any feels pretty shoddy.

Ed

A candid of Angelle Sampey in her pit area after a winning pass @ the '05 Spring Nationals in Columbus Ohio

angelle s.jpg

An example of a right place at the right time photo

I've had many moments like that... I have a tendency to easily overlook what I thought was a great photo (in the field) that disappoints me when I get home... And very few of those photos ever get out...

But sometimes that photos that I think are imperfect get positive feedback when I do post them... And conversely what I think some of my best photos, are ones that few people seem to understand, for me the difference is often quite subtle and I'm pretty sure I am the only person who actually gets it... :cool:

I enjoy UW photography. Sometimes the stars align and you get a good shot just by hanging around. Here is a Banded Butterfly Fish hunting in a sponge. Plus Spotfin Butterfly Fish, taken at night when my headlamp illuminated them.

1662001715818_Banded Butterfly Fish 3.jpg
014 Spotfin Butterflyfish.jpg

Spectacular dragracing images are by far one of the most difficult photos to capture.
You only get a very narrow window of opportunity to work with.
You did quite well with this one
10crop.jpg

010.jpg

Captured just seconds after this 600 horsepower naturally aspirated big block topped off with a 200 shot of nitrous oxide
square body Chevy small tire mudbogger it hit a rock in the mudpit.
800 horsepower of 454 cubic inch get back ain't nothing to mess with!

I used to attend outlaw unsanctioned mudbog events where the only classifications were the tire sizes.
Often, boggers went in all three classifications by just changing their tires.
No roll cages, no driveshaft safety loops and no full safety harnesses.
The only safety gear required was a lap belt and a helmet.

This pit was very difficult to photograph because the 100 feet of mud was often crossed in about two seconds if there was enough power to maintain a wheelspin across the pit.

This pit was very difficult to photograph because the 100 feet of mud was often crossed in about two seconds if there was enough power to maintain a wheelspin across the pit.
Try photographing bobsled racing, almost impossible to get a photo unless using the right technique and lots of anticipation! To the human eye they pass by rather fast but you can see it... Add a camera? I don't think the camera even sees it :oops:

New Threads

Top Bottom