• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Struggling

wanderer03

I'm really struggling with the co-morbidities of Autism and Depression. A week ago from Thursday, I was released from the hospital for suicide. Now I am in this group therapy outpatient program which just isn't working for me. For one, I hate groups - I don't function well in that kind of an environment and it makes me overwhelmed, anxious, and irritated. About the only thing good is the medication management.

They put me on Remeron and Lamactol because it helps with the anxiety as well as depression. I like the Remeron because it makes me sleepy. Well, things look pretty bleak at the moment. I've exhausted whatever savings I have and I just got approved for Food Stamps. Making that move was hard because I've always prided myself on being able to make it. Next stop is SSDI but that will be a long, hard move.

I'm not really sure what's left of my life. I'm 38 and the longest I've had a relationship for was 6 months. I'm hurting badly.

I am sorry to hear that. Yes, being depressed and having autism together is hard. I struggle with it as well, but remember that you have the Asperger Community here and I am sure someone else out there loves you too. Just don't commit suicide. Committing suicide is self thinking and is not encouraged. I will keep you in mind this next week. Maybe you will get better soon. Keep me posted on how you are doing, ok?

I'm so sorry for what you are going through,my comorbids are C-PTSD and anxiety and I also been through a lot,I wish I was able to help you with your emotional struggles because I know from what I went through you feel isolated and overwhelmed,don't give up hope I know it's hard but know that there are people here who do care for you.

Thank you for the outpouring of concern. I'm not at suicide like I was two weeks ago but I have no idea where to go at this point. I'm on on food stamps and the next thing now is SSDI. I can't even get hired as a simple security guard.

Thank you for the outpouring of concern. I'm not at suicide like I was two weeks ago but I have no idea where to go at this point. I'm on on food stamps and the next thing now is SSDI. I can't even get hired as a simple security guard.
Why can't you get hired exactly? Is it hard for you to work? What is your reasoning? I work and am enjoying myself. Maybe it's your thinking or something. It can't be all that bad.

You're right about that, but maybe I know someone who was in a similar situation. I didn't mean to offend you in any way. I am sorry if I did. I was just curious. That's all.

"If you are going through Hell, keep going, and do not, under any circumstances, stop. It is possible to outrun the Devil"

I cant tell you I know what your going through because I don't often feel depression. But I do have anxiety that gets really bad. I know sometimes I feel hopeless about it but ultimately I know I will get better. All I know is my situation caused by anxiety right now isn't permanent and I think its the same for people who suffer from depression but you cant see it until you start fighting it.

Please fight strong and proud and never give in to your demons.Sometimes you have to hit the bottom to find the top. Life has too much to offer to ever give up totally. ;)
Depression is a bad meanie for sure,but I hope you can pull out of the dive and return to hope instead of the darkest of places.
We have your back here and will offer what we can if it helps.
Give it your best and try to stay positive. :)

I feel for you wanderer03 I'm not feeling to hot myself but as I've been told by people "when the pain to change is less then the pain to stay the same, great things can happen" not sure I believe that at the moment but there it is.

New Threads

Top Bottom