• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Struggling with I think is Impulsiveness

William Weiler

Ad Astra
I get grabbed by what feels like a strong compulsion every now and again. They are unpleasant because I cope by standing there, or not acting at all, until they pass. Is there something else I can do?

I get grabbed by what feels like a strong compulsion every now and again. They are unpleasant because I cope by standing there, or not acting at all, until they pass. Is there something else I can do?

I am highly impulsive and have an extremely addictive personality. I have been addicted to so many things (and people) and have been impulsive in so many ways... some of them downright dangerous.

The only solution I have found is mindfulness practice. Focusing on my breath until the compulsion passes. It is quite helpful. Meditation is pretty great and with practice, you can breath through some of the most difficult feelings/compulsions.

I kind of haven't analyzed it. I thought Autism basics are impatience, frustration and impulsiveness. I have the first two pretty bad. My son would shoot out into the road and scare the crap out of me, long after the age kids usually stop. I just figured that is what is was and someone would say the equivalent of me too. It can also likely be something considering my history. It does seem random and not about anything important. It has a trigger type pre-cursor.

New Threads

Top Bottom