• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Struggling to find...

mikkyh

...some genuinely nice people. I'm begging to give up searching. I just want to find one person that is...nice. Willow and Chris seem lovely. But that's all. Oh. And Benedict (sorry about last night).

Sigh. :(

Isn't anyone else here nice? What about the people at WP you have found?

So far everyone we have here seems to be really nice. Me and Chris will help if we can, but we're just two teenagers with limited experience! I know my fair share of AS related stuff and things to do with school (because I failed miserably) etc. Ask for help in the help section and then everywhere else just try to be positiv and join in conversations, I find that if you are negative everywhere people will avoid you. I'm not being horrible, I just mean that (from experience) I know that being negative towards everyone doesn't help. Try to be more positive when you post on topics, maybe you will feel a bit better. And then when you don't feel good, post in the help section. :)

So far everyone we have here seems to be really nice. Me and Chris will help if we can, but we're just two teenagers with limited experience! I know my fair share of AS related stuff and things to do with school (because I failed miserably) etc. Ask for help in the help section and then everywhere else just try to be positiv and join in conversations, I find that if you are negative everywhere people will avoid you. I'm not being horrible, I just mean that (from experience) I know that being negative towards everyone doesn't help. Try to be more positive when you post on topics, maybe you will feel a bit better. And then when you don't feel good, post in the help section. :)

It's not towards everyone really, one or two people, well just one really.

As for not being negative, it's kinda hard to find positives when you've only had about a combined 7 hours sleep the past three days and suffering from depression. Maybe I shouldn't post at all. It seems quite a lot of people find me depressing and I'm just fed up of pretending to be happy after 4 years doing just that. I do generally chat about stuff and not just be negative. But some people are going through tough times.

It's hard for people to understand. I was diagnosed with depression 2 and a half years ago and started suffering about 3 years before that. I was 10 when I first self harmed.

Sorry if I'm so depressing when I'm sad and annoying when I'm happy. I can't help it. I might as well just crawl into a corner and die, like one of my 'friends' said.

Meh. S*** happens :D

It seems like he has his own issues and we had a little argument but we got that settled and now that's behind us and now he thinks I'm a horrible person just because I am over at Zomg. But everyone who has spoken to me knows I am a nice person. But I decided to not speak to him. If the ignore is the answer, whatever floats his boat. I don't have any issues with him.

I do understand. I know what it's like. I'm not saying don't post at all, just that not everyone will want to help. I'm going through a bad patch at the moment, nothing compared to what I used to be like, but I'm worried I'll slip back into it. The depression, the wanting to die, the not leaving the house through fear etc. But you just have to think about all the people that want to see you fail and then think 'F**k 'em! I'm going to succeed because I'm better than them.' That kind of thinking used to help me. Revenge more than anything. It's probably not a healthy way to think, but to me, doing better than the people that bullied me was enough to keep me going. I want better grades than them, and a better job, so I find a way to make it happen. Is there an AS group near you that you could join? That could be a way of talking to people in real life, and they'll understand you, you won't have to pretend to be something you're not etc..

It seems like he has his own issues and we had a little argument but we got that settled and now that's behind us and now he thinks I'm a horrible person just because I am over at Zomg. But everyone who has spoken to me knows I am a nice person. But I decided to not speak to him. If the ignore is the answer, whatever floats his boat. I don't have any issues with him.

I stand by my previous apology. I'm just a bit suspicious of people. i could explain why but that's another depressing sob story I wouldnt want to press down on you all. I'm finding it hard to know if people are insulting me or not and it's beginning to get me frustrated. It's happened all my life. I think people are having a go at me when they just want to help or are simple making a statement/inquiry.

I don't know. I guess that other forum disturbed me a little. Places like that they're. They make me feel ill.

Gah. I don't know what I'm doing. I never thought I was a horrible person. Maybe I am.

But like I said...I had three hours sleep last night. My dad's been putting me down all day telling me how lazy and useless I am.

All these excuses. They mean nothing to you, I'm guessing.

Argh. I shouldn't be allowed to do anything. I should be locked up in my bedroom away from people. That's becoming ever more clearer now.

If i had another chance to live my life. I'd do so much stuff differently. For one thing I'd have never switched school. Or left the hospital as early as I did.

It doesnt help I've ran out of my meds. And I have another embarrassing health thingy going on which I wouldnt like to talk about - but that makes me very upset.

Once again, all this probably means f*** all to you because it's just sob story after sob story. So I apologize for that. I just need some sleep but I can't. My mind's too full of obsessions and anxieties.

And PLEASE don't tell me to talk to my psychiatrist. I can't stand having to talk to that lot.

I do understand. I know what it's like. I'm not saying don't post at all, just that not everyone will want to help. I'm going through a bad patch at the moment, nothing compared to what I used to be like, but I'm worried I'll slip back into it. The depression, the wanting to die, the not leaving the house through fear etc. But you just have to think about all the people that want to see you fail and then think 'F**k 'em! I'm going to succeed because I'm better than them.' That kind of thinking used to help me. Revenge more than anything. It's probably not a healthy way to think, but to me, doing better than the people that bullied me was enough to keep me going. I want better grades than them, and a better job, so I find a way to make it happen. Is there an AS group near you that you could join? That could be a way of talking to people in real life, and they'll understand you, you won't have to pretend to be something you're not etc..

No i don't think there is which is annoying me. Everywhere seems to be shrugging me off their shoulders. "We don't want him. He's damaged goods".

Maybe email the National Autistic Society asking for their opinion, see if they have any fresh ideas that you haven't thought of? And ask them if they know of a group near you that you haven't heard of. They're very helpful, or at least, they have been when I've asked them things. :) Here's the link, incase you want it:

http://www.autism.org.uk/nas/jsp/polopoly.jsp?d=617&a=3670

Maybe email the National Autistic Society asking for their opinion, see if they have any fresh ideas that you haven't thought of? And ask them if they know of a group near you that you haven't heard of. They're very helpful, or at least, they have been when I've asked them things. :) Here's the link, incase you want it:

http://www.autism.or...sp?d=617&a=3670

Thanks for the link :) I'll speak to them and find out. I remember going to a group thingy actually...but I was too scared even around other people with disabilities. I just stood in the corner playing with my hands XD I might try going there again some day.

That's okay. They're very helpful, I'm sure you'll get something out of emailing them :)

Hmm. I used went through a ****** period at school, I think one thing that helps is having some sort of escape. For me, it was computer games - mainly WoW, since it's... 'the escape' from reality really. But I enjoy coming home from a crap day at college etc and just chilling out on some forums. :) You have to find things that you really enjoy doing, and do it regularly, set in concrete. Then you always have something to look forward to, regardless of the **** thats thrown at you prior to it. :)

Hmm. I used went through a ****** period at school, I think one thing that helps is having some sort of escape. For me, it was computer games - mainly WoW, since it's... 'the escape' from reality really. But I enjoy coming home from a crap day at college etc and just chilling out on some forums. :) You have to find things that you really enjoy doing, and do it regularly, set in concrete. Then you always have something to look forward to, regardless of the **** thats thrown at you prior to it. :)
I agree. Whenever I'm having a crap day I just think about how long it is until I go home and can enjoy myself. It does help imo.
EMZ=]

I'd like this thread to kinda sink away if that's OK with everyone :D It was how I was feeling at that particular time, there are plenty of nice people in this world :D Especially online.

I cant remember anyone at WP...the only person that stands out is superboyian.
Thanks man :lol:

And yes, I'm actually genuinely a nice person, I don't cause trouble, I say what I think is genuine :D
I prefer to entertain people aswell and uplift peoples moods :D

New Threads

Top Bottom