• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

stim toys and jewlery

The closest things for stim toys that I have are a few plushies and fashion dolls. I like how some of the fabric and hair feels.

I have never really owned a toy meant specifically for stimming. Instead, I tend to use everyday parts of my environment or my own body. I used to have a watch with an adjustable outer "ring", so you could turn it clockwise, but not counterclockwise, and it would give off a slight sawing sound like a ziplock. I also used to play with a bracelet I owned quite a bit, or my glasses when I'm nervous.

Right now, I have a lot of dandruff (though I use a dandruff exterminating shampoo) and tend to pick dead mushroom flakes off my scalp and eat them. They are pretty much tasteless, but have a surprisingly pleasant texture. I also used to bite off dead skin from the sideways edges of my fingers (and swallow it).

When I was 10, I got a cute, pink and fluffy "monster" pillow with black eyes and teeth as a Christmas present. I carried it around with me all over the place and loved to hug and lay down on it. I lost it on a bus a year and a half later, and I still miss it a bit :(...

I have never really owned a toy meant specifically for stimming. Instead, I tend to use everyday parts of my environment or my own body. I used to have a watch with an adjustable outer "ring", so you could turn it clockwise, but not counterclockwise, and it would give off a slight sawing sound like a ziplock. I also used to play with a bracelet I owned quite a bit, or my glasses when I'm nervous.

When I was 10, I got a cute, pink and fluffy "monster" pillow with black eyes and teeth as a Christmas present. I carried it around with me all over the place and loved to hug and lay down on it. I lost it on a bus a year and a half later, and I still miss it a bit :(...

i use my body too. mostly the typical ones like hand flapping and shaking, rocking and hip shaking. i use music and drawing too. my stuffed squid and space bunny serve the same purpose for comfort. im sorry you lost your stuffed monster.

I pull in my fingernails one by one to get the sensation of like a relief. When I'm in a car(passenger) I tap once, tap both feet, then tap once again to get 4 tires going by. Sometimes its a lot lol and I have really nice calves. I also have finally felt OK with rocking in front of others. I speak in monotone when I'm alone because aticulating is uncomfortable. I feel the back of my tongue doing s something

I can't stand wearing jewelry. Doing stuff on my phone has taken the place of any fidget toy.

I do a lot of knuckle cracking which I suppose is a stim. When I was young I was told it me arthritis. It didn't. I think people just wanted me to stop because they found it unpleasant. So now I only crack when I'm alone or at least a distance from others.

Last edited:
I have a Nee Doh ball, an "atomic" Need Doh, a Pop It thingy, silly putty, this green dough textured thing, this slime-like stuff that breaks apart like silly putty if you apply force to it, and a bunch of tiny "gummy" textured animal figures.

I have a small collection of zipper bracelets in different colors so I can match them to my clothes.

Some others that I have are some tiny owl figurines, two putties, three small stress balls, a handmade tiny bean-shaped cloth pouch filled with dry beans, and a handmade stress ball that I made by filling a deflated balloon with sprinkles and tying it shut. I like being able to make my own stim toys when possible.

I have a Nee Doh ball, an "atomic" Need Doh, a Pop It thingy, silly putty, this green dough textured thing, this slime-like stuff that breaks apart like silly putty if you apply force to it, and a bunch of tiny "gummy" textured animal figures.
Love putty. I like your avatar. Did you draw it?

The closest things for stim toys that I have are a few plushies and fashion dolls. I like how some of the fabric and hair feels.
I was so busy blabbing on my other post I didn't answer the question...
Oven bake clay and using hundreds of texture tools. I used to spend hours making tassels and twirling treasures in the air like figure skaters lol

I have these, plus an embarrassing amount of stuffies and plushies.
WIN_20220802_15_18_14_Pro.jpg

New Threads

Top Bottom